What's new

ps2 emulators?

svtour

i know this has prolly been asked a 1000 times but are there any good ones that play good games decently. thaanks.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
)seriously, isnt it more worth getting a ps2 itself. its a ps2, psONE and DVD in one. hopefully ill get one this week.

also the ps2 is a very complicated system, which is partly why it has taken this long to get good games for it, considering developers had to work out the dev. kit first.

theres probably more luck getting xbox games to work than a ps2 (although thats not necessarily true :blush: )

Acorn

In a word: nope.

Hasn't been done yet, most likely won't be done for 2 or more years yet : /

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
from what developers say (and common knowledge), PS2 should be the hardest to emulate. think about it, dreamcast and GC are designed to be easy to develop for and in theory be easier to emulate. Xbox is a PC put in a VCR box, so there should be no problems there. PS2... notice developers still whining that its too complicated.

pj64er said:
from what developers say (and common knowledge), PS2 should be the hardest to emulate. think about it, dreamcast and GC are designed to be easy to develop for and in theory be easier to emulate. Xbox is a PC put in a VCR box, so there should be no problems there. PS2... notice developers still whining that its too complicated.

similar to the complaints of the saturn.. whic STILL[/b[ hasn't been emulated:angry:

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
As a matter of fact I've found someone who has been working on such a thing already but it's still in a very early fase and needs to be tested really well.

But seeing that it's possible to emulate a PS and a N64
a PS2 emu will eventually be emulated.Because a PS2 is actually a PS and a N64 combined but it also features DVD which makes it even harder but all in all I take it we'll see a PS2 emu popping up somewhere between the next two and five months as my new associate has already been working such an emu.

I'll ask him to send me the emu so that I can test it and see if it works if it acually works you might see the link to it here next week or so.(don't get your hopes up just yet but you might never know)