What's new

mupen64 problems in linux

doowirb7

I'm having some very weird problems with mupen64 in linux (gentoo 1.4rc1). With every rom I run (even demos and mario 64), mupen64 will give me output like this, and then the process runs away using 100% of the cpu (and I end up having to kill it):
TR64GL: (II) Initializing SDL...
TR64GL: (II) Getting video info...
TR64GL: (II) Setting video mode 640x480x32...
TR64GL: (EE) Error setting videomode 640x480x32: X11 driver not configured with OpenGL
ucode choosen:0
demarrage r4300
recompilation dynamique
block recompiled (a4000000-a4001000)
block recompiled (80000000-80000300)
block recompiled (80246000-80345ffc)
block recompiled (80378800-8038bc8c)

I've tried different combos of cpu cores and ucodes and either the same thing happens or it'll segfault instead.

Also I noticed while browsing through these forums that there are some gentoo users here who could use an ebuild. I'm currently working on one, but I want to actually get mupen64 working before I release it.

Anyway, thanks for any help

Slougi

Please post your specs. In case of an nvidia, have u emerged nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx? If ati, have u installed their drivers? Some more info please :)

PS: Woah, lotsa gentoo people here (!) I guess an ebuild would be cool, as n64 emus are just the kind of apps where you will see even a 2% increase due to compiler optimisation :)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
There's two problems:

First one is that this release only work in pure interpreter mode.. I think i should have disabled other cores in this release.... Anyway it's something you'll see in the future in mupen64 don't worry :D

Second one isn't mupen64 related, the SDL lib reports that your video card isn't configured for opengl. As i don't know which video card you have i can't help...

Last edited:
OP
D

doowirb7

I have an nvidia geforce2 mx but I got the problem fixed. I needed to emerge directfb and then re-emerge libsdl to get it to work. Took me all morning to figure it out and I'm still not sure what directfb had to do with it all, but it works and I'm happy.

Also I've uploaded an ebuild here Just a few notes... this will just install the binary version and blight's input plugin. I'd like to make an ebuild from the source package, but it doesn't include any plugins and I don't know if/where they can be downloaded without downloading the entire binary package. Untar it in /usr/portage, but you might want to setup a portage overlay directory and untar it there so it doesn't get wiped out every emerge rsync :) I should post this to the gentoo forums too

Thanks

Slougi

I'll have a chat with icepir8 what his stance on using the tr64 code for an ebuild would be. Glad you got your card fixed :) Sure u did
Code:
#opengl-update nvidia
after merging nvifda kernel and glx?

OP
D

doowirb7

yep, the opengl-update nvidia was the first thing I did. libsdl had to be compiled against directfb for it to work (most of my other opengl/sdl apps were having problems too)

Using the tr64 code for an ebuild would be great. Is there a reason why the code hasn't already been released? The way I figure it, I've already made an ebuild for the mupen64 source and can make seperate ebuilds for blight's input plugin and the tr64 plugin (source or binary if it need be) and I'll submit them all to gentoo to be put in the portage tree.

Slougi

Well, the source is released on the board, but for the windows version, it needs porting. Haven't seen icepir8 yet, will ask him about it when I do.