What's new

N64

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
hehe if you don't know what to use to create a N64 emulator, you're not ready to make one ;)

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
you'll prolly be needing some C++ and ASM progs
and a LOT of skills ;]

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
supergamer, since you do not know this, i suggest you do NOT EVEN TRY! You need to be a programmer to do an emulator. And a good one at that.
Seeing as you do not even know how to make an emulator--you've probably not even programmed before. So I'll give you a good piece of advice: drop it and you won't get flamed.

aprentice

dont discourage him guys, he has potential!

Heres some code to help you get started:
(note: you need visual basic 6.0 to use this code for your n64 emu)

emu.system="n64"
emu.system.load=rom
emu.system.start.cpu=true
emu.system.play.rom=true
emu.system.break.compat=some
emu.finish.emulation.after.your.done.playing.rom=true

btw, dont forget to give credit where due :happy:

OP
supergamer

supergamer

Banned
Thanks for the help. I'm downloading visual basic 6.0 and get to work. If I have any results, I send it to the messageboard!

zorbid

:blink:HEEEELLPP

This guy ain't true.

Apprentice was ironic, suprgamer...

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Visual Basic is a good place to learn, but it's not a destination. I highly recommend taking course work related to C++ first. Once you grasp the concept of a the procedural part of the language, you can begin learning how the Windows API works (assuming Windows here... he doesn't strike me as a *nix user). To truly understand how the Windows API works, I highly recommend taking a course in operating systems and while you are at it, it would be good to take a course in hardware design. That is not a requirement, but it would definately be beneficial to understanding how the Windows operating system works and how the N64 OS works. The hardware design would get you a good amount of clarification about opcodes and hardware registers. Once you have this knowledge, I recommend you study up on 64bit MIPS and to study up on the N64 hardware and OS. For a good time frame, I really see this happening in about 1 year if you are dedicated. Otherwise, you are way out of your league any time before then. Strict C++/programming experience is a prerequiste to emulation programming, but is not the foundation. I spent most of my time designing how to simulate the hardware.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
supergamer, get vb and use the code apprentice supplied you! Then show us the emulator so we can all enjoy it! :)
What about it? :)

Cyberman

Doomulation said:
supergamer, get vb and use the code apprentice supplied you! Then show us the emulator so we can all enjoy it! :)
What about it? :)

Guys... relax on the Supergamer head wacking.. maybe he is just enthusiastic? ;)

Supergamer, you've got to put your nose to the grindstone and play with programing some. You don't need to make an emulator either for that matter. Utils are just as useful and a lot easier for beginers.

Cyb

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Cyberman said:
Guys... relax on the Supergamer head wacking.. maybe he is just enthusiastic? ;)

Or Maybe just an Idiot... <_<

supergamer, dont expect to create an emulator overnight... It seems that you have no clue what your talking about in other threads. I think you just need to grab a soda and some chips and RTFM For PJ64 to better understand what the hell your saying...

Lear'nos

Haha, classic man... Classic! :happy:

aprentice said:
dont discourage him guys, he has potential!

Heres some code to help you get started:
(note: you need visual basic 6.0 to use this code for your n64 emu)

emu.system="n64"
emu.system.load=rom
emu.system.start.cpu=true
emu.system.play.rom=true
emu.system.break.compat=some
emu.finish.emulation.after.your.done.playing.rom=true

btw, dont forget to give credit where due :happy:

Dominator

Man can either start a new n64 emu from scratch, resume a discontinued n64 emu or even start working on various plugins/emu tools.

But it might a better idea to start with another (easier) system since you might get some more documentation and prolly some better results in a "shorter" time range.

Whatever the system you're starting to work with, you'll always enjoy your first results.

Trotterwatch

Good idea! Maybe I can try Corn.

There is no chance to do that - the source for Corn has never been released. Again that would be far too complex for someone without programming experience.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to download a few open sourced NES emulators + documentation. Then try and learn some C+ programming.