What's new

sorry about all the threads pic of my prob

Eagle

aka Alshain
I'm not seeing this one either. Save it as a jpeg file, if you are in Windows 98 you will need a program like Paint Shop Pro www.jasc.com

OP
Buck_Bucholz

Buck_Bucholz

i like to put holes in my face
blaah im so confused

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) ok because im too retarded to post a pic this is what it says after i uninstalled it and tried to reinstall

do i need a new drive?

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Check the cable at the back and make sure its not loose

if that fails come back and we shall offer more advice:cool:

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
seeing you have a toshiba dvd-rom.. i think you have a toshiba laptop maybe?

if its a combo drive, you might have installed the wrong version of Easy CD Creator... happened to me, and i didnt have a working drive for about 2 weeks.. :S:S:S

OP
Buck_Bucholz

Buck_Bucholz

oh here is my sepcs...hey i cant remember what program to run to pull up all my specs....know what im sayin? anyway i think i have narrowed it down to my scsi host adapters? and im trying to narrow down what drivers i need..will downloading th wrong drivers screw anything up?? anyway i might be totally off at the scsi thing.....SCSIClassName="SCSI and RAID controllers"

ADP = "Adaptec"
aha154x.DeviceDesc = "Adaptec AHA-154X/AHA-164X SCSI Host Adapter (non-pnp)"
sparrow.DeviceDesc = "Adaptec AHA-151X/AHA-152X or AIC-6260/AIC-6360 SCSI Host Adapter (non-pnp)"

i might be totally off anyway thanx for everyones help
:D :innocent: :sleepy:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Compaq!!! Thats just disgusting!!! Your not supposed to post such pictures here. ;)

OP
Buck_Bucholz

Buck_Bucholz

i know

:( oh well haha u should see my desktop! ill put a pic in show me your desktop thread! i know how much u all like x-box!

OP
Buck_Bucholz

Buck_Bucholz

anyway does anyone think they know what i mean about the scsi stuff?? like if i download the wrong drivers will it fudge anything??

or even if it sounds like i may be on the right track....i know someone might, u guys r smart....

OP
Buck_Bucholz

Buck_Bucholz

small breakthrough

ok i was going through dxdiag to get to msinfo so i could find all my specs to send to a help page...then i went to system info and i saw problem devices so i clicked and this is what i sawed!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
the vxd loader is part of the drivers... :sleepy:
And no...driver will not HURT your system, although they might not help either...

vileP

First of all, is this a IDE drive, or a SCSI? My assumsion is that this is an IDE drive; there is no section on SCSI in your Device Manager.

If this is a IDE drive, then this is what I would do:

uninstall either the secondary or the primary channel where your DVD drive is on, then reboot your computer. XP should redect whatever was uninstalled, and another reboot should bring your DVD drive back online.

If this does not work, try unstalling the busmaster driver and reboot the computer.

OP
Buck_Bucholz

Buck_Bucholz

sigh....

no its adaptec scsi.....and to everyone thank you unfortunatly i havent resolved my problem i have reset my bios ininstalled and reinstalled the hardware drivers nothing has worked. i have even done a system restore but after it has finished it says it cannot be completed and therfore no system restore so im turning to my manufacture for help...blahh anyway i fugure i will in some point just erase my hd and reinstall everything but my prob is i was thinking about getting a 250 mb zip drive anyone think its worth to have around....im not sure i think it would be.

anyway thanx for everyones help

i appreciate it:)