What's new

Vigilante 8

Matt Lukin

i just got this rom, and since it has a lot of graphic problems i was wondering if they can be fixed

also it runs very slow (30-45 fps)

i'm using jabo 1.5 and my specs are: amd tb 1333mhz, 256 mb ram, 3d prophet 2 gts pro 64 mb

oh and btw do these problems occur as well on vigilante 8 2nd offense?

returno

Issues

When something is listed as "Issues(plugin)" you are going to have some Issues with a capital "I". However, Vigilante 8 is pretty good for an "Issues" game. It is playble - a bit slow perhaps. The menus are pretty bad. You have to know or guess what to do on some screens.

The screenshot shows the trails on the trees and snowflakes. The explosions are partially missing and there's a few other minor glitches. Not bad. Pretty fun game too!

returno

Second Offense

Vigilante 8 Second Offense appears to use basically the same game engine, so the problems are - predictably - the same. There are a few additional effects that are not emulated well. But, still, it is playable pretty much. The fact that it is a bit slow makes it easier - and this game ain't easy...

returno

your answer

I forgot to answer your question: no it can't be fixed unless Someone enhances the video plugin. You could try the "DaedalusD3D8" plug-in. See the 1964 forum for more info.

L

Lachp30

This is one of my faviourite 64 games. Anyway, I get it to work well with jabo's 1.6 graphics plugin, but even still the menus are stuffed up:(