What's new

Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 video plugin

Knuckles

It's about the Anisotropic filtering. I got new drivers for my video card (nVIDIA Riva TNT2 Model 64 32MB)and now, on the utility in the perfomance panel , the Anisotropic is now enable ( he can get up to 2X) but in the Jabo plugin he's not! . How or where I can made it enable? in PJ64 or 1964.

untitled.JPG

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I seriously don't even think the TNT2 has anisotropic filtering ..

Smiff

Emutalk Member
nope it doesn't, GF1 was 1st nVidia chipset with 2x aniso, and i don't think it can be done in software either

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

did you see the picture on the link? from version 40.72 of the drivers the anisortopic as been enabled on the TNT2, I see a little difference in other games like Midtown and Need For speed 4 but not on PJ64 because is not enable in the plugin.

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
does anyone have same prob with mine? im using geforce2 mx400

when i use detonator 40.72 , one game that i realize that the gfx gets messed up and slower fps ("mario party3") haven't tried any other game tho, anyone knows this problem or solution ?:cry:

Juli

I do not think the TNT2 can do Antisoptric Filtering either....

however, I am sure that it can be made by software...

By software you are able to emulate T&L (even in D3D6 games), Shaders etc... so why not Antisoptric filtering... you just need a special library (e.g. a DLL) and I guess, NVidia added that to the nv4_disp.dll :sly:.

CU

Juli

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
HW TnL and shaders aren't implemented in Directx6. Hw TnL is a DX7 feature while shaders are a DX8 feature.

Everyone stare and laugh at the n00b now. :D :D :D

Juli

cooliscool said:
HW TnL and shaders aren't implemented in Directx6. Hw TnL is a DX7 feature while shaders are a DX8 feature.

Everyone stare and laugh at the n00b now. :D :D :D

I definetely did not talk of hardware DX7 mode (for T&L) or DX8 (for shaders)...

I talked about software emulation with special drivers and this is working even with DX6 (you could even use the RGB Emulation, DX4 or OpenGL if you want).

I know that you can use T&L or vertex shaders in hardware mode just with DX7 or pixel shaders with DX8.