What's new

Lameness

icepir8

As protest against lameness I will not be releasing any betas of TR64 WIP or TR64 ogl plugin.

Don't ask for any from me or complain about what I have done or not done or will do or willl not do.

I work on TR64 because I enjoy the project and N64 emulation.

I release so that people other can enjoy my works.

So mote it be.

Icepir8

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
/me thinks blaze is guna get highly flamed......

Let the flaming begin :)

btw sorry to hear u not releasing the new Tr64, but its your choice :)

stez

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Stez02k said:
/me thinks blaze is guna get highly flamed......

Let the flaming begin :)

btw sorry to hear u not releasing the new Tr64, but its your choice :)

stez

hmm hmm
no flaming won't begin (and i don't think it's only caused by blaze)

And if u read carefully icepir8 post he has only said that he'll not release betas. That doesn't mean he will not release it when it's stable. I'm pretty sure it's a consequence of people complaining of unstable things when icepir8 have said it's a beta.

Before complaining about such things, people should think a few seconds about what they prefer, having more regularly possibly unstable betas or very rarely a big stable release...

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
This is a damn shame. :(

Kinda makes me wish I had been involved with "da scene" back when everyone says it was fun to be around here.

I'd just like to say I can respect whatever the authors/programmers do around here. I am simply one of many who wait around to have more fun with my favorite computer pasttime. :)

madfredtk

Proud Frenchman
I think that all the questions like "this version of the game doesn't work with this beta version of this emu, help me plz" can be explained : it's just about compatibility increasing ; the more is an emulator compatible, the more are users exacting (especially newbies).

If you take a look at the Saturn emu scene (more precisely the official Satourne forum), it's exactly the same thing : go back 2 or 3 months ago just before Fabien released Satourne Beta 2. Nobody asked stupid questions but since then, there have been more and more people who do not know anything about the work that Fabien did asking : "why doesn't this game work whith Satourne ?", "Why are the error messages in french ? it sucks", "why isn't there any sound ?".
For instance there's no blaming or flaming yet but I think that it's going to happen.

crhylove

Banned
i demand that tr64 emulate disney magical tetris challenge PERFECTLY right NOW!!!!

LOL

happy halloween. :D

oDD

/me odd
crhylove said:
i demand that tr64 emulate disney magical tetris challenge PERFECTLY right NOW!!!!

LOL

happy halloween. :D

Wow Halloween brings out the demander in you crhylove! :D

Maybe you've been demanding too many sweets? :p

/me steals crhylove's sweets..

And way to go Icepir8, do whatever you have to do to make emulation more enjoyable for yourself. Thats what its all about isnt it? ;) Btw, your doing a great job with TR64...

Last edited:

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Yep. Good choice icepir8.

PS. what graphics card do you use and develop for?
Just thinking since most of the OGL plugins are developed for nVidia's cards and us Matrox/whatever else users are sometimes suffering from the use of nVidia-specific code. Your plugin (latest beta atleast) seems to do things better on my Matrox G450 than Jabo's plugins.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

I have a GF2-MX200 with 64MB ram.

I try not to use any nVidia extensions to OpenGL at this time. Although it is tempting to use some of them.

Cya,

Icepir8