What's new

007 help

darkman

007 is hadly moving on my system, I know it says in rom browser it needs high system requirements but i dont think my system is bad enough that it runs like this help please.

my crappy specs
x86 family 6 model 7 stepping AMD 1194 mhz
memory 256
HD 40 GB
CD 52 MAX
WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL VERSION
SYSTEM MODEL K7S5A
MONITER IBM G70 1024X768 REFRESH 60
SOUND SILICON INTERGRATED SYSTEMS SIS 7012 AUDIO DRIVER
MICRSOFT SIDEWINDER
video card SIS 300/305 32 MB

I not very good at this computer stuff but i think i need a new video card

0_Avenger_0

<|^Newbie Avenger^|>
Your system specs are perfect for every rom currently playable... well except for your video card. SiS/Intel cards generally have bad OpenGL and D3D support, but they are perfect for DirectDraw.

The best I can suggest to you is go grab a cheap GF2 MX card, thay should be about 1/4 the price of the GF4MX cards where ever you are (~$50 USD, ~$65CND), or you could go buy a Ati Express 98 for around the same price :)

0_Avenger_0

<|^Newbie Avenger^|>
The ati express is still better at handleing D3D which is the plugin he is most likely using, also those card are being sold for the same as a 5 pack of CD-Rs :p

RJA

The PC Wiz
No wonder!!!

It's *NOT* the processor, it's cause you have an onboard SiS
video! Most SiSs, especially the 6326 is *CRAP*!.
Get at least a Voodoo 3, and Goldeneye 007 *WILL* be faster.

It also looks like your processor is an AMD Athlon T-bird 1.2 ghz.

Also if you are seeing any of the "x86 Family Stepping" stuff,
Windows is just reporting the generic name for an AMD x86 processor. If you get at least a Voodoo 3, Goldeneye 007 *WILL*
be faster, but still far away from perfect. Still expect some major slow and jerkiness occasionally in spots, which varies with N64
emulator settings.

Last edited:

Skull Dude

Why do you keep following me around the boards like some big fucking hunk of shite and complaining about everything I do. Go away.