What's new

Speeding up P64

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Looking at my spec should i expect to have goldeneye running v.slow (just about playable but too slow for the music to sync with game).

I know my graphics card is aging so would buying a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 make it more 'Playable'.

Also are there any other plugins (graphics, sound) that i could try that would increase preformance?

Any help much appreciated!

Athlon 850
256 MB Ram
Gerorce 256 DDR 32MB (Geforce 1)
Win 2000

Allnatural

Your video card has the features necessary for Jabo's video plugin. Getting a new one won't necessarily help as you are not limited by fillrate. What you really need is more CPU power. Using an HLE audio plugin (Azimer's) may help in he meantime though.

OP
Niggy G

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Thanks, i tried running 1964 yesterday and it ran quite well, although its not as good looking as P64 it does the job.

I cant get anyware near the results i used to get with UltraHLE + UltraHLP with my old Matrox G200 (and glide wrapper) with win 98.

Thanks for your help!:)

VenomGhost

Should it be enough?

Here are my specs:

-Celeron 600 tweaked not overclocked( i use i815tweker and optimun bios settings, also i use powertweak and pci latency timer)

-512 MB RAM running at 100 MGHz CAS2 tweaked too
-i815 chipset (MSI 6337 quite tweaked)
-Geforce 2 MX-400 (tweaked ad overclocked , 230core 210VRAM, i use Detonator XP30.82 with Rivatuner and custom registry settings)
-Integrated sigmatel audio codec (THIS SUCKS!)
-10 GB of hard disk
-Lite-On 52X CDROM (ITS A CRAP DONT BUY IT)
-MSI 8340 CDR-RW (NICE!!!)
All of my drives use UDMA

-Windows98SE tweaked (custom reg settings &some proggies for maintenaince)

I have full speed on almost all games (in fact i have to use the limit FPS on pj64, except for majora´s ).Anyway i get some sort of little static on all games(Choppy sound) FYI i can play full speed full quality other emus:

-GENS :genesis , segacd and 32x(tweaked cfg file)
-SNES: ZSNES and snes9x full sound and quality
-PSX:epsxe ,pcsx and Adri ILE , i can play Ghost in the shell very good (not full speed but itsplayable), and the mdecs are great full 60fps

Sound aint an issue in this emulators

I would like to know if i should replace any component of my PC to achieve full sound quality and speed with n64 emulators and probably play saturn

PS: I get no sound with UHLE alpha any info would be apreciated , im using all the plugins neccesaries

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Sorry but i have to say this. :p

10 minutes ago i felt the glory of pj64 when i ran it on my:

P3 1.13A Ghz
Savage 2000 64mb POS
512MB Pc-133
WinXP Pro

To get this comp i had to sacrifice my GF4 MX 420. :( Oh well, full sound and res. beautiful. :p

supergamer

Banned
A video card doesn't make more speed with n64 games at the pj64 emulator. A geforce 1 and a geforce 4 make at pj64 the same speed!

RJA

The PC Wiz
Actually I got a video card to tell you about

The SiS 6326 is *a true POS video card*.

That video card can't even properly do fog with Jabo's gfx
and is sllloowww. Even Super Mario 64 runs badly.