What's new

Frrezing and Crashing problems with Banjo-Tooie

dD Shock Tro

I have a serious problem with B-T, during gameplay it randomly freezes, sometimes it freezes after 5 minutes after I load my file, sometimes the game could last for 2 hours before it freezes again.
The picture freezes and the music stops, sometimes there's a way out of it by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and 'End Task' the Emulator, but most of the time there isn't (I have to turn off my computer).

However... this was all before an even worse thing happened...

When I load my file in Banjo's House (file select screen), the computer restarts by itself about 1 to 5 seconds after I start my game at Jinjo Village. The weird thing is that it only restarts when I'm playing on Full Screen, it doesn't happen on a Windowed size. I could play on the Windowed screen, but it still doesn't stop the game from freezing.

System Specs :
Amd Athlon Processor (1.2ghz)
256MB SDRAM memory
Geforce 4 MX 440 64MB DDR
Ultra DMA 20.4GB Hard Drive
Windows XP Pro

returno

driver problem maybe

It is pretty hard for an application to reboot XP. But it isn't hard for a graphics driver to reboot XP. It's easy, really. My guess: something about your graphics driver or perhaps your DirectX is messed up. Try updating/reinstalling your driver and then running dxdiag. And check your rom. And check out the faq for other ideas. It seems that few, if any, other people are having this problem (myself included), so you are in read-the-faq-and-try-stuff-therein territory.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Probably infinite loop Windows XP crash!

You are suffering the infinite loop crash, or the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows stop error crash.

WARNING: YOU ARE HAVING A HARDWARE PROBLEM, AND YOU MUST RESOLVE IT *BEFORE* USING PROJECT64 OR *ANY* OTHER GAME. YOUR 3.3V VOLTAGE IS TOO LOW- REMOVE A RAM MODULE, PUT IN AN EARLIER VIDEO CARD OR ELSE--REPLACE THE POWER SUPPLY UNIT, AND IF THE IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, IT'S A PROCESSOR PROBLEM--MAKE SURE THERE IS ENOUGH VOLTAGE AND !YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO *STOP* OVERCLOCKING YOU ATHLON T-BIRD!.

AND, TO FIX THE 3.3V VOLTAGE LINE TOO LOW PROBLEM, YOU MAY BE *REQUIRED* TO REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD--GET ANOTHER MOTHERBOARD FROM A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER, SUCH AS SOYO-- IN PARTICULAR, THE CHAINTECH CT-7AJA2E MOTHERBOARD HAS A ISSUE WITH THE 3.3V LINE, CAUSING THE 3.3V LINE VOLTAGE TO REPEATEDLY DIP SOMETIMES, POSSIBLY THE CAUSE OF OCCASIONAL WINDOWS XP INFINITE LOOP CRASHES. NVIDIA VIDEO CARDS ARE KNOWN MOST OFTEN TO HAVE THE INFINITE LOOP CRASH MAJOR ISSUE

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Re: Probably infinite loop Windows XP crash!

RJA said:
You are suffering the infinite loop crash, or the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows stop error crash.

WARNING: YOU ARE HAVING A HARDWARE PROBLEM, AND YOU MUST RESOLVE IT *BEFORE* USING PROJECT64 OR *ANY* OTHER GAME. YOUR 3.3V VOLTAGE IS TOO LOW- REMOVE A RAM MODULE, PUT IN AN EARLIER VIDEO CARD OR ELSE--REPLACE THE POWER SUPPLY UNIT, AND IF THE IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, IT'S A PROCESSOR PROBLEM--MAKE SURE THERE IS ENOUGH VOLTAGE AND !YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO *STOP* OVERCLOCKING YOU ATHLON T-BIRD!.

AND, TO FIX THE 3.3V VOLTAGE LINE TOO LOW PROBLEM, YOU MAY BE *REQUIRED* TO REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD--GET ANOTHER MOTHERBOARD FROM A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER, SUCH AS SOYO-- IN PARTICULAR, THE CHAINTECH CT-7AJA2E MOTHERBOARD HAS A ISSUE WITH THE 3.3V LINE, CAUSING THE 3.3V LINE VOLTAGE TO REPEATEDLY DIP SOMETIMES, POSSIBLY THE CAUSE OF OCCASIONAL WINDOWS XP INFINITE LOOP CRASHES. NVIDIA VIDEO CARDS ARE KNOWN MOST OFTEN TO HAVE THE INFINITE LOOP CRASH MAJOR ISSUE

STOP WITH THE caps AND colors. :plain2:

RJA

The PC Wiz
Re:

Cooliscool, what the hell is your ploblem? stop the flaming me or I may request you to get banned.:angry:

Last edited: