What's new

1964 Help

Del0rian

Sup Guys I just got into emulation so i need a little help on what i need for my system. I have 1964 0.8.4 + Azimers Audio v0.30 (old driver) Plugin + RSP.dll. So far I have tried Zelda O of Time. The graphics are good , but i'm averaging around 35 FPS, but my sound is absolutely horrible. Is there anything else i need ?

Thx :blush:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
we have pretty similar specs, though i average around 45-50 or so. What resolution you play your games at? You could probably get that p3 above 500mhz through OCing which *might* help a little. Try using "Assume 32bit" in the rom options, though i'm not sure if it works for zelda since it does nothing for me.

OP
D

Del0rian

ummm

I'm running it in 640x480...i forgot to mention that i'm also using the Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 Plugin.... the sound is whats really screwed up

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Well, Azimer's is known to crackle pop and skip on slower systems, what you can do is use 0.40 beta 2 and configure it like this:

Fear

well this is funny. ok this is my first time trying a n64 emulator i'm having the exact oppisite problem i can't see anything at all. but i can hear the game playing. is it messed up or am i just really stupid at this.

SillySponge

:baaa:
I got far better results with sound when using Azimer audio .30 (driver rev 2.2) and turning buffer size all the way up and enabling sync gameplay to audio. Audio in Zelda OoT is very good now, but still not too good in majoras mask. I dont know what the deal is with sound, because fps is perfect all the time, but the audio still lags sometimes. I think the emulator need to allocate more proccessor time to audio, or something. I can handle 20-30fps instead of 50, but not stuttering audio.

My specs:
733mhz celeron
320mb sdram
gf2 mx400 64mb
hercules muse dvd 5.1
winME

supergamer

Banned
Go to the contol panel. Choose multimedia and choose at playback "none".
If you disable the RSP-plugin, you'll get a little more speed and better sound too (not better quality, but less skipping).
You can change the couter factor too.

DJJelloMan

I decided to try out 1964, switching from Project64. So far as I can tell, it's a great emulator. It seems to run faster than Pj64.

Howevah... I just can't seem to find the right combo of plugins to get ROMs to work that I was able to run on Pj64 (ex. TWINE and WM2000, etc.). Either there's no video, or no sound... or no sound and no control.

I'm running 0.8.5 on a P4 1.7Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon V w/ updated drivers, DX9, Win2K and some integrated sound.

Plugins I have:
DaedelusD3D 8 Rel. 3
Jabo's D3D6 1.3
RCP D3D 0.6

Azimer's Audio 0.4
Azimer's Audio 0.3
Basic Audio
Jabo's DS 1.3

Def's Direct Input 0.54
NooTe_Dl 0.4.2

I noticed, in the ROM browser, many of the ROMs instruct using Jabo's D3D7. I've searched everywhere for this version, but have not been able to find it.

At any rate... Could anyone help me figure out what the best combo is/should be?

Appreciate it!

SillySponge

I noticed, in the ROM browser, many of the ROMs instruct using Jabo's D3D7. I've searched everywhere for this version, but have not been able to find it.

You need to d/l project64, the jabo files are in the plugin folder i think.

DJJelloMan

I have Project64, but the only ver. of Jabo's D3D I've been able to find is 6. I've yet to find 7. Would that really matter all that much, I guess should be my question RE that?

scotty

The Great One
You could probably find it somewhere, I know I have it, but I was wondering if Jabo ever released a D3D plugin for the 1.5 version, I have the 1.4 version.

Jabo's D3D7 1.5 is never released, 1.40 exists and D3D6 1.5 exists but D3D 1.40 includes T&L support, but it didn't made better visble graphics quality and it was slower, so he did make his v 1.5 for d3d6.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
A Jabo's D3D6 1.51 would be good. Maybe just to fix the pausing problems that emerged in the last version...

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Jabo's 1.51?

As far as I know, the D3D6 and D3D7 were merged into D3D6 as of version 1.5. Version 1.5 has many improvements (wonderfully working framebuffer for example,) however the validate blending option is gone, and the "automation" that is claimed seems to not do a thing, so some older cards (like mine) are out for 1.5.

I honestly have no idea what the difference was between D3D6 and D3D7. I think it was because D3D6 used some more internal stuff, which was though as a better choice in the final release, as it was working far better than DirectX did it, I THINK, as I said.