What's new

Strange sprite problems

Cage

Well, I jumped back into emulation a couple weeks ago (used to love it back about a year and a half ago). I've noticed strange problems with the masking on sprites that I don't remember ever seeing before...
Sure, sprites don't mask if you haven't turned on Force Normal Blending (Jabo's video plugins). However, when I do turn it on, they only 'appear' to mask, I.E. some things will show through the masking properly (generally the polygonal stuff) and yet other stuff, mostly other sprites, will not show up behind the masking...
A good example would be the trees in Super Mario 64 or Quest 64... try walking behind them with Force Normal Blending on ^^
Anyways.... this happens in every emulator, every plugin that I've tried, etc... has this problem always existed and I was simply blinded to it before?

iq_132

Banned
And your video card is?
You have what version of drivers for that particular card?
You've tried which emulator and which plugins?

OP
C

Cage

Video Card: El-cheezo built-in Intel garbage :)
I've got the newest driver for it, same as before

Emulators I've tried...
Nemu (switching various options and trying various .INIs to no avail ;)
Corn 0.2 and 0.3
1964 0.8.4 and 0.8.5
Project64 1.4 and 1.5

Plugins:
Daedalus 0.08 Rel 3
Jabo's D3D7 1.40
Jabo's D3D6 1.5
1964 OpenGL build 4.50

And all to no avail

OP
C

Cage

Ack, why does the Edit button link to delete...? Anyways... forgot to mention, I downloaded DirectX 8.1 just the other day.
Also, now the 1964 OpenGL build 4.50 will work properly (wasn't before I upgraded to 1964 0.8.5), but none others will o_O.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Afaik, the when editing you "may" delete if you wish. You have to check the checkbox to delete it.
Well, to your problem, try evoodoo+glide64. They perform much better with bad cards, like the built-in intel crap :p

Well, good luck.

OP
C

Cage

Aye... too much conversion/emulation. By the time it spat it back my way, it'd be even MORE unbearably slow ;) Oh well...

Stezo2k

S-2K
Cage said:
Video Card: El-cheezo built-in Intel garbage :)
I've got the newest driver for it, same as before
And all to no avail

Thats your problem, your video card, get a decent card like a geforce 2+, those cards are meant for high quality graphics and emus like 1964 and pj

Stez

OP
C

Cage

Aye, but my shitty comp don't have an AGP slot ;)
And PCI GFX cards suX so bad.....
Ah well, poor me :p