What's new

troble with mario 64

Trotterwatch

Use CORN for Mario64 (assuming you don't use XP), as with a Pentium 2 Processor, it'd probably struggle for speed on PJ64/1964.

iq_132

Banned
Then get Project 64 with the best plugins: Jabo's D-sound, Graphics, and N-Rage input :) (With RSP enabled :))

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Trotterwatch said:
Use CORN for Mario64 (assuming you don't use XP), as with a Pentium 2 Processor, it'd probably struggle for speed on PJ64/1964.

I don't strugle for speed in 1964..

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
True, but as a k6-2 has less fpu power (and the L2 only goes the speed of the FSB unlike with the p2 it goes half clock speed), he'd probably get better results than me. ;)

Congrats on the new pc. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Trotterwatch

I used a P2-350 a while back (it was my girlfriends computer) with a GF2, and 196ram. Mario64 ran ghastly, the sound kept skipping, and the game kept on slowing down, - this could have been partly due to a dodgy Win98 install though to be fair.

As the only game my GF likes to play on emulators is Mario64, I got her Corn and let her use that with full antialiasing forced, worked perfectly.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Trotterwatch said:
I used a P2-350 a while back (it was my girlfriends computer) with a GF2, and 196ram. Mario64 ran ghastly, the sound kept skipping, and the game kept on slowing down, - this could have been partly due to a dodgy Win98 install though to be fair.

As the only game my GF likes to play on emulators is Mario64, I got her Corn and let her use that with full antialiasing forced, worked perfectly.

How nice of you. :p