What's new

How many roms are there???

Allnatural

As of v0.999.6, GoodN64 reports 1871 known roms. Of course, that includes all of the bad , hacked, overdumped, and alternate roms.

crhylove

Banned
i have concocted a list solely of (u) (american) and (e) (english or english and american) roms, eliminating dupes, and any foreign language roms. i think my list is at 325, and i am missing about 10.

rhy

OP
U

United-Realm

crhylove said:
i have concocted a list solely of (u) (american) and (e) (english or english and american) roms, eliminating dupes, and any foreign language roms. i think my list is at 325, and i am missing about 10.

rhy

Hi,
if you name the ones ur missing & i have them(i have some very rare ones) then maybe we can trade ? :D

btw :pj64: kicks a$$!

icepir8

United-Realm said:
Hi,
if you name the ones ur missing & i have them(i have some very rare ones) then maybe we can trade ? :D

btw :pj64: kicks a$$!

very shady....

I think this counts as rom begging. Don't do it.

petronius79

(NL)Falcon4ever said:
109 roms? I bet you don't own any of them.

I got 51 ROMS (60 if you include the US and European version of some games) but whats the use? I hardly spend 5 minutes for each game so they are uselessly standing there. Imagine if I had bought a real Nintendo 64 with 20 games. Maybe the time spent on it could last more. But in the end I would cry the money I spent. Not that I didnt something similar 13 years ago with the NES. But playing console games on a computer screen is simply uninspiring. Especially with a 15 '' monitor. But I gave the game developing companies too much already. NO MORE!

Acorn

(NL)Falcon4ever said:
109 roms? I bet you don't own any of them.

Point being there? I don't think many of us care ;)

AFAIK, 2477 rom variations. As far as games go, try looking at the list on www.gamespot.com. 300 some seems high to me, but maybe I under-counted :) crhy I would love to have that list, could you post or send it to me?

mookid

I personally have 123 N64 roms...as u can see in the shot the bar is quite short, and much of the roms are not shown...hehe

ByeZ

crhylove

Banned
My List of all (u) romz.

Ok, so here is my list(s):

Let me explain b4 n e 1 flames me...

there are at least 3 dupes.... i m still working on completing my set, but some roms are hard to find, since i have to shop at used outlets / ebay / pawn shops.

there are lots of (e) roms, but only in the event that a (u) equiv did not exist.

i don't know if (e) or (u) is better, but as an irish-american i m pretty much hard core anti (e) everything, not for any technical reason though.

crhylove

Banned
and the missing ones....

and here's my short list of missing (u) roms that the
pawn shops / ebay hasn't had, or that i've been
reluctant to buy cuz i already have a bad hack of said
rom on:

All-Star Baseball 2000 (U) [!]
Army Men - Sarge's Heroes 2 (U) [!]
Castlevania (U) (V1.2) [!]
Chopper Attack (U) [!]
Cruis'n USA (U) (V1.2) [!]
Earthworm Jim 3D (U) [!]
Fox Sports College Hoops '99 (U) [!]
GoldenEye 007 (U) [!]
King Hill 64 - Extreme Snowboarding (J) [!]
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (V1.2) [!]
NFL Blitz - Special Edition (U) [!]
Pokemon Puzzle League (E) [!]
Powerpuff Girls, The - Chemical X-traction (U) [!]
Razor Freestyle Scooter (U) [!]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (U)

So.... as far as i know, there are ~320 known (u) or (e) roms, without dupes.
please let me know if i've missed one.

also, if you have THE ORIGINAL CART, and a goodn backup of any or all of these on cd, then i might be willing to trade, since as far as i know this is legal, and would help me complete my physical collection (so i can open a cyber cafe and legally allow these roms to be played publically).

rhy

/edit... oh yeah, since as coolsicool pointed out in another thread:
/quote Bugfixes (such as the swordless link trick which only worked in v1.0), Ganon's blood he chunks was changed to green after v1.0, and so on. /endquote
i always opt to find the latest version of the rom where possible (i.e. perfect dark 1.2)...

peace!

OP
U

United-Realm

Re: and the missing ones....

crhylove said:
and here's my short list of missing (u) roms that the
pawn shops / ebay hasn't had, or that i've been
reluctant to buy cuz i already have a bad hack of said
rom on:

All-Star Baseball 2000 (U) [!]
Army Men - Sarge's Heroes 2 (U) [!]
Castlevania (U) (V1.2) [!]
Chopper Attack (U) [!]
Cruis'n USA (U) (V1.2) [!]
Earthworm Jim 3D (U) [!]
Fox Sports College Hoops '99 (U) [!]
GoldenEye 007 (U) [!]
King Hill 64 - Extreme Snowboarding (J) [!]
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (V1.2) [!]
NFL Blitz - Special Edition (U) [!]
Pokemon Puzzle League (E) [!]
Powerpuff Girls, The - Chemical X-traction (U) [!]
Razor Freestyle Scooter (U) [!]
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (U)

So.... as far as i know, there are ~320 known (u) or (e) roms, without dupes.
please let me know if i've missed one.

also, if you have THE ORIGINAL CART, and a goodn backup of any or all of these on cd, then i might be willing to trade, since as far as i know this is legal, and would help me complete my physical collection (so i can open a cyber cafe and legally allow these roms to be played publically).

rhy

/edit... oh yeah, since as coolsicool pointed out in another thread:
/quote Bugfixes (such as the swordless link trick which only worked in v1.0), Ganon's blood he chunks was changed to green after v1.0, and so on. /endquote
i always opt to find the latest version of the rom where possible (i.e. perfect dark 1.2)...

peace!

i`ve got all of those you listed except powerpuff girls ;)
email me at [email protected] if ya want em ;)

whatboy

I have them all and some other in Japanesse and french, and spanish... but I don't know sh*t about french and Japanesse... :(

UltraThing

There's at least one website with all 2477 and d/l is free. There may be rare carts, but there are no rare roms.

crhylove

Banned
i was becoming concerned about that... i meant the actual carts, but i doubt these guys have the actual carts :(

rhy

Acorn

Hmm, can we have a "brag about how many roms you have/show off your geekieness" thread? LOL