What's new

More Satourne news

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I put this through Babelfish as there was no English version available, but I think it did a better job than usual on this. I also acted as a script editor for this news post and made some major changes (but kept the overall meaning).

Some precise details - 10/10/2002 @ 09h49

First of all, hello everyone! At this moment my professionel requirements do not leave me much time to work on Satourne and to update the site. But I wanted to bring you some precise details on the last version which was up for download:
- First of all, the graphic routines of this version are the same ones as beta 2. Thus, they are SLOW and are the source of the major slowdowns which prevent me from exploiting the full speed of the dynarec...
- To make Panzer Dragoon achieve 50-60 FPS, here is how to proceed: Begin a part (to prevent the screen from flickering it is required to check "To force posting" in the options of the VDP2), then once you are at the beginning of a game do the following things: Debug the plans of the VDP2 (in the options of the VDP2, check the 6 boxes in the deactivation part), activate the mask of textures of the VDP1 (options of the VDP1, "Always active" option in the section hiding place textures), finally it is required to play with the frequency of the SH2 to gain some more speed. On my XP 1700+ I made around 60 FPS by following these instructions and by reducing the SH2 to 15 MHz.
- To make Daytona USA work (not the CEC, it does not work... yet :p) at a reasonable speed, the same instructions apply, though the deactivation of the plans of the VDP2 brings less speed than in Panzer Pragoon. You will understand that this version was not intended at the beginning to be distributed because the dynarec is not exploited correctly. I thus advise you to play with the options which I quoted higher to obtain more speed. If you follow these instructions, I can ensure you that you will obtain a speed close to the original Saturn version!

Soon, a new version with greatly improved graphic routines!

A+

P.S.: Do not forget to reload the textures of the VDP1 by pressing the 'M' key upon going into into full screen and on returning to windows mode when the cache of the VDP1 is active!