What's new

RAM Question

DrewDown

Okay, I know this is kinda off the subject, but I just got DSL and have been doing alot of downloading (games, music, etc.) For some reason my computer keeps on freezing and I cannot run my n64 emulators and some other programs on my PC. The error usually says " cannot reserve memory"or "Warning, Low On Resources". I still have 3 gigs on the HD, so it sounds like a RAM problem to me. Is there a way to free some up, or do I have to go to the store and get another RAM chipset?

Thanks All,

DrewDown

iq_132

Banned
Do you have a newer ATi Radeon?
I've heard something about something like this happening with PJ64.

LD.

*poke*
There's a nice little program at www.memturbo.com that might help you out. It can defrag your ram, and dump it all to a pagefile to free it up for other apps. It's worth a shot at least :)

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Looks like win98... Haha.. I run winxp and only have 256 megs of ddr ram.. Never ran into problems like that even after downloading 3 gigs worth of stuff..

tbag

Shark is right usually this is due to many not needed programs running munching all the RAM even closing little programs helps!

OP
DrewDown

DrewDown

I have a;

P3 700
256mb SDRAM
30gig HD
Crappy Stock GFX Card

P.S. How do you get your specs to show on your posts?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Go into your control panel and put it into your signature.
Anyway, most of these problems (at least the "low on resources") will go away if you upgrade to xp, which is recommended.

It also sounds to me, that you have lots of stuff open at once, hence the problems. Try to limit how much stuff you have open at a time.

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah i agree with doom get XP, and u get your specs on your signiture by clicking on "user CP" and putting it in ya sig :)
Stez

ra5555

N64 Newbie
DrewDown said:
I have a;

P3 700
256mb SDRAM
30gig HD
Crappy Stock GFX Card

Goto user cp in the main Emutalk page and click on Profiles and change your sign

Stezo2k

S-2K
ra5555 said:
DrewDown said:
I have a;

P3 700
256mb SDRAM
30gig HD
Crappy Stock GFX Card

Goto user cp in the main Emutalk page and click on Profiles and change your sign

erm is there a echo in here or is it just me?

Doomulation

Stezo2k said:
ra5555 said:
DrewDown said:
I have a;

P3 700
256mb SDRAM
30gig HD
Crappy Stock GFX Card

I think it's just you,
arrr... lol :) no, you're right. The one after the next is more technical than the other, lol

Stezo2k

S-2K
Doomulation said:
I think it's just you,
arrr... lol :) no, you're right. The one after the next is more technical than the other, lol [/B]

lol, well u gotta be simple to the newbs, or mabie not :devil: hehe

Stez

Doomulation

afaik, if they can read english, i think they can find it themselves, lol.
It's another thing if it's against the rules, though.