What's new

openGL plugin on gf2 pro

Aguirre

Hey, I just got the new oGL plugin for TR64, especially as I saw a mention of Perfect Dark compatability. But straight after the opening writing, I get major graphic bugs, the rare/n64 logos are all skewed and stretched, plus the colors are strange. I am using 40.71 detonators on Creative GeForce2 Pro 64MB.

Any ideas what I can fiddle with? I've tried all the options in the video configuration, but most of them give the errors stated above or just a black screen. I know it's working as I can hear the sound... what could the problem be? Is it something I can tweak with RivaTuner?

Regards,

Aguirre

Stezo2k

S-2K
hmmm, might be the Detonator 40.xx drivers, i have heard that many ppl have trouble with them. Also your sig is wrong, cuz i doubt your Pc is 1.4Mhz, it may be 1.4ghz tho

Stez

OP
A

Aguirre

The perfect crime :p

Anyways, I don't think it's the dets as I've tried a bunch of different ones and get the same thing. What else could it be?

Regards,

Aguirre

Stezo2k

S-2K
hmm u could try another emu, if its Pj64 your using, try 1964 or vice versa, and also try different grpahics plugins, jabos is awesome

Stez

OP
A

Aguirre

No problem, as soon as I get home...

Jabos' works fine but as it's d3D, it looks crap and the performance is shocking.. such is the life.

Regards,

Aguirre

Stezo2k

S-2K
Aguirre said:
No problem, as soon as I get home...

Jabos' works fine but as it's d3D, it looks crap and the performance is shocking.. such is the life.

Regards,

Aguirre

duno it seems pretty much awesome on my GF2MX with the detonator 40.xx drivers

Stez

Trotterwatch

If the look and performance of Jabos 1.4 or 1.5 are shocking, then I would tend to say you have some sort of system problem. As I can assure you they perform and look great (especially 1.5, albeit with some minor blending problems on cards below a GF3, and some slight pausing issues on all cards).

OP
A

Aguirre

I say shocking, ie compared to how it looks. I get about 35 fps on 1024 x 768, but the crap look is more the game than the plugin, I more meant that there are no glitches/graphics bugs plus the spycam works. When I get home (yawn, I hate work), I will show you some explanatory screenshots.

With regards to the performance of the Jabos' plugin, from the research I've done it appears to be completely random as to who gets good performance and who doesn't. I was speaking to a friend of mine who gets 60 fps on 1600x1200x32 yesterday who has an indentical system to mine. Someone else who has a similar system to mine but slightly better was lucky to get 20fps on 800 x 600. I doubt it's a system fault... all other games seem to work fine with no problems, (half-life, quake3, gta3, mafia, psx emulators etc). Hmm, but as I say, I'll get some screenies up in case it's something obvious.

Regards,

Aguirre

OP
A

Aguirre

Ok, back at last. Here is a picture of our favourite Italian plummer with the new plugin. I get a shoddy 25 (ish) fps, but there are no graphical bugs at all.

OP
A

Aguirre

The graphics are OK at this point, but the framerate is a pityful 12fps.

Here is the main menu;

OP
A

Aguirre

Eeek! Can barely see a thing, here's a picture ingame.

When you move about the walls and backgrounds switch colors every now and then, the gun disappears a lot of the time, and the framerate is extremely low.

Anybody got any ideas how to fix it?

Regards,

Aguirre

Stezo2k

S-2K
hmm, id reccomend u wait for a new plugin version to come out (or try jabos) also, use another emu, say 1964 or Pj64, they'll probably proform better

Stez

Trotterwatch

Have you got the latest AGP drivers for your motherboard? Your machine should be going a little faster than it is, it should also not be displaying quite so many graphical glitches.

Acorn

TR64, while being a good emu, tends to run about 1/4th the speed of PJ64 and 1/5th of 1964. On my old Athlon 1.2 + tnt2ultra, I can get 60fps solid in Perfect Dark.

Uncapped, mario shoots from 140-200ish all the time (hehe, try triple jumping like this - or even better, trying to throw the bomb guy). If using Pj64 you are still getting 30ish fps average, then there is a setting, or severe system problem being encountered.

OP
A

Aguirre

Hmmz, ok I'll try it on 1964. Anyways, I guess it's no biggy, I'm getting a gf4 ti4600 on monday :))

Regards,

Aguirre

Alex_A

I wish i had money for a geforce 4 ti4600,
Aguirre tell me if it goes well, and check DVD mpeg-2
engine if looks better than my gef 2 mx.