What's new

Gamecube ZELDA

Roy

Have any one of you gonna geta the gamecube zelda??

Wich system is the best??

Playstation2:)
GameCube:colgate:
X-Box:cool:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
seeing Link and one type of enemy (prolly Moblins) is not enough to justify me buying a GC for Zelda.

*Engaging Wait and See Mode*

blizz

true super smash brother and Super Monkey ball did that for me

but the animation in Zelda was damm impressive

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ya, thats years ahead of Cel Damage or Jet Set Radio, i heard theyre doing the same thing with Mario Sunshine (or is it Sunshine Mario)

and wow, two (very very very impressive) games bought u over blizz?

blizz

if you've played Super Monkey Ball you'll know it's a must have game, some of the later levels are just extreme, monkey pool is funny with the noise they make each time a ball hits

Smash Brothers rocks how can I not miss the opportunity for more fun?

blizz

Method Man said:
X-Box is the best system in terms of specs.

given that powerpc and x86 architecture are very different that is a rather bold statement, and I'm not ignoring the X-Box's gpu, and it's number crunching ability moreover the reliability of the hd is what concerns me, and I'm sure it's fine for "normal" use, but since I'm sure developers will be using that as a massive cache, as well as instea of memory cards (and god for bid patches), will ut be able to take the level of punishment that is sure to come from future games, also will it need defragging? ;)

though the GC isn't really a powerpc it's a different sort of beast, made for gaming, and hardware wise it's been designed to be reliable with less constituent parts that can fail.

in reality though this generation would ideally fall with X-Box as the "mature" (ie teenager/ student choice) with Nintendo covering the hardcore, the smarts and the kids (building up brand loyalty from a young age ;) )

zeus

No, it´s a shared thought and he´s right, in a couple of years you will also understand why this is the natural outcome. The people buying a x-box are those who have been fooled by ms, they give you looks and no hart. The gc will give you a blend of both, gaming isn´t about gfx it's about gameplay and that´s why most uneducated aka dumb people will buy a x-box and the elite will go for the gc.

blizz

20011214l.gif

I think that says it all really ;)

Slougi

to be honest, i'm disappointed with all the new consoles. I think the only one worth considering is th x-box, and that also only to hack it ;) consoles just don't really saisfy me anymore, i want a game machine that i can overclock, where i can update stuff, cjange my vid card etc.
But that's only my opinion :p

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
zeus said:
No, it´s a shared thought and he´s right, in a couple of years you will also understand why this is the natural outcome. The people buying a x-box are those who have been fooled by ms, they give you looks and no hart. The gc will give you a blend of both, gaming isn´t about gfx it's about gameplay and that´s why most uneducated aka dumb people will buy a x-box and the elite will go for the gc.

Do you really think everyone has the same opinion as you? :D
You have to understand this, different people thinks different about what's good gameplay and what's not.
You only see the consoles in black&white... good or bad ...

I know gaming not is all about the graphics but why do you say xbox has worse gameplay? Played all games?
Anyway... still it's opinions.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
zeus said:
Shared thought by whom? A couple of Nintendo fanboys?

"The gc will give you a blend of both, gaming isn´t about gfx it's about gameplay and that´s why most uneducated aka dumb people will buy a x-box and the elite will go for the gc"

Elite my ass.

zeus

Elite my ass.

If I were to elite your ass wouldn´t your fanboys be disappointed, I´ve heard that some of them are working 24-7 to satisfy it.

And of course everyone has different oppinions but I´ve learnt one thing you can´t convince someone that already has made up your mind, it´s pointless. And I´m probaly going to end up with both consoles but I´ll defenitely pick up a gc before I stray.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
zeus said:

And of course everyone has different oppinions but I´ve learnt one thing you can´t convince someone that already has made up your mind, it´s pointless. And I´m probaly going to end up with both consoles but I´ll defenitely pick up a gc before I stray.

You have your opinion, I respect that. And I'm not trying to make you change your mind about the console you're going to buy.
But saying that the elite chooses Gamecube that's just stupid. (I'm not saying the "elite" chooses Xbox, some people choose Gamecube, some Xbox, and some Playstation 2)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
*sigh* How I long for the day when Sony fans will say `that new Mario game looks great`, and likewise the Nintendoids chant about how amazing MGS2 will be rather than nitt-picking.. ???