What's new

Pentium4 Overclock

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
It is possible to overclock a Pentium4?, if it's possible, can I do it with my actual motherboard? How?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
yep. by fsb only, dont try multipliers as they're locked to the specific value of the specific MHz of the cpu. Your bios should have an option (mine says "Speedeasy cpu setup") which lets me change the fsb. If not, you'll need your mobo's manual to change jumpers on the board itself (Not very likely with your intel mobo, though, since they're the only cpu company which is really against overclocking, im sure their mobos have it taken out or "hidden" somehow. I dont know, i've only used Asus and Mitac with Via chipset motherbards, just heard a bit about intel's enforcement to block OCing). :)

Last edited:
OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I knew it! I don't have an option like that on my Bios, and the Intel mobo manual don't say anithing about the jumpers. What can I do?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Most likely nothing. I'll use Asus and Mitac boards for as long as i build PCs. That 1.6ghz should be more than enough for today's most demanding apps/games/etc.. Just don't worry about it, you're covered for a few years. :)

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
You say that because you have that specs (I'm not offending you, i had specs like yours about one month ago) but I'm very dissapointed of emulating games like Donkey Kong 64, Bajo Kazooie or even Golden Eye...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I play my games at 1024x768x32 (or 1280x1024x16) all the time with no slowdown compared to lower res's, no offense at all, i know how much my k6 owns :)

ra5555

N64 Newbie
I play my games with all 4 times FASA (D) and 8 times Anistrophic filtuering at 1280x1024 no slowdowns at all :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
bestlegion said:
You say that because you have that specs (I'm not offending you, i had specs like yours about one month ago) but I'm very dissapointed of emulating games like Donkey Kong 64, Bajo Kazooie or even Golden Eye...

All those games are known to be slow, the fastest hardware won't really help you. Try mario, zelda, or wave race. :D