What's new

Today was a first

blizz

a STOP error whilst booting Win2000 that was impressive, few restarts later and a quick virus scan and all is fine, of course I haven't got a clue why it should have happened, it's not like I've done anything other than surf on the net recently...

iq_132

Banned
Microsoft Windows
aka
Microsoft <b>W</b>henever <b>I</b>t <b>N</b>eeds <b>D</b>owntime, <b>O</b>ften <b>W</b>orks <b>S</b>uckliy :) W.I.N.D.O.W.S. :)

Josep

eyerun4phun
welp, i can safely say that has not happened to me yet;) i'm on winxp of course, but ya know;)

ra5555

N64 Newbie
iq_132 said:
Microsoft Windows
aka
Microsoft <b>W</b>henever <b>I</b>t <b>N</b>eeds <b>D</b>owntime, <b>O</b>ften <b>W</b>orks <b>S</b>uckliy :) W.I.N.D.O.W.S. :)

LOL nice one iq :happy:

Stezo2k

S-2K
LOL, anyway blizz why not get xp? its pretty much win2k with better compatability and faster in games ;)

Stez

OP
blizz

blizz

XP will be coming with the new PC, which is coming when I build up the courage to drop that amount of cash

RJA

The PC Wiz
Hey, Blizz,

Unfortunately, because I seen something *very* similar to
your issue, with the issue you are having, even if it goes away for some time, that crashing, including *even* if you didn't change *any* software, including occasional explorer.exe crashes during logging on, it's unfortunately a early stage tell tale that the processor is unstable, even if it seemed to have been 100% OK before.

If overclocking, you *MUST* try to increase the processor
voltage (Vcore) by a step to see if this goes away and if it doesn't
you *MUST* lower the processor frequency by at least 50 mhz.
If you are not overclocking, still try to increase the processor voltage (Vcore).

But if recently on the internet, there is a high chance you got a
virus and AV automatic detection did not detect it.

Last edited: