What's new

How do I get the plug-ins?

Deathbliss

I go to the download page but the link takes me right back to the Project64 main page, and there are no download links in the Project 64 Download section. Can somebody PLEASE address this problem?

OK, now a few suggestions...

#1. We need to have mouse button mapping! Unless I missed something the mouse buttons aren't assignable!

#2. We need more stable sound, as it is I have to run at 640x480x32 for a decent picture and good sound.

#3. We need transparinces (this is refered to as Alpha Channels - correct?) and flames are rendering quite right... Of course if I could get the Direct 3D plug-in both of these may not be issues anymore...

#4. We ned a Help file detailing every available option, and added to by the plug-in/ini makers so that way we know what everything is and what every option does.

#5. BRIGHTNESS CONTROLS PLEASE!

Other than that I have nothing else to add at this time. Your AWESOME Emulator is the ONLY N64 emulator that is stable, and that looks good on my Windows 2000 OS system, which is generally not supported by these kinds of software. Nemu 64 looks slightly better, but I can't get it to run right and UltraHLE as well as Blade just don't cut it. So good work, I hope you reconsider making this your last release, and keep on working on this sucker until it's perfect. It's not like you don't have source files to work with from other programs. You can take the source from 1964, Blade, and UltraHLE and from them implement the features your emulator doesn't have. That's the course of action I recommend anyway.

BTW what compilers/decompilers do you use? Also what resources do you recommend for someone who wants to pick up C/C++ programming?

Later!
- Deathbliss

Allnatural

Suggestions are appreciated, but you should do a bit of research before making them.

1. Use N-Rage's input plugin

2. The sound is stable, get better hardware

3. Not sure what you're getting at here...

4. Have you read the existing help file? It's already quite detailed

5. Is it really necessary?

Plugins can be obtained by downloading previous versions of PJ64 or searching the boards; some third-party plugins are available as attachments to posts.

OP
Deathbliss

Deathbliss

OK...

I'd love to use that plug-in! However is it too much to ask you make them all downloadable from your site? As for transparancies... Well you know when you get the sheild in Wipeout 64? Instead of looking smoky clear, it's black and only a little translucent. The flame effects looks like something out of Doom - all 2D and unatural looking and I know in the N64 they at least were cloud-like and halfway decent. That's what I'm saying needs fixing. Brightness is necassary, that way of ROMS are running to dark you can brighten things up. I'll inbestigate the sound further but my specs more than double your required specs and I was getting jittery sound at 800x600 resolution. Of course it could be anything but the sound, and I'm sorry for not making it clear. There's a problem and that's all I can tell you about it.

Hey don't get all defensive - OK? It's not my intention to rub ya the wrong way!
- Deathbliss

RaverX

you could always look around on the board to find some updated rdx files and as for the incorrect graphics look around on the board u will see people that use some older drivers for the video card get the graphics to show up...