What's new

1964 085 Ini

jollyrancher

Duncan, I was just comparing the compatability status of your pj64 ini to the new 1964 and I saw a few things relating to gfx errors that have nothing to do with the core of either emulator. Some of these are:

1. Many games state "use Jabo's 1.4" I'm assuming because of the pausing problem in Jabo's 1.5. However, Mario Kart has the worst pausing issues and it doesn't mention to use 1.4.

2. Ridge Race 64 says to use Jabo's 1.4, even though Jabo spent a lot of effort to get the brake lights working in the 1.5 plugin. They don't work in 1.4.

3. All Star Baseball 99/2000 aren't playable because they are missing all text.

4. ISS 98 doesn't really have gfx errors, just one title screen is a little off.

And one other thing is that the gun gfx work great in TWINE if you use the Glide plugin.

Last edited:
OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
You said "Mario Kart has the worst pausing issues and it doesn't mention to use 1.5", lol, correct it says "use Jabo's D3D7 1.40"

As far as RR64, yes Jabo did a killer job getting the brake lights to work, but RR64 has a problem with Jabo'sD3D 1.5, though it doesnt in PJ.

All Star Baseball 99/2000: simple, it IS playable, as the text in that spot is the only problem, the rest of the game or in-game is playable, hopefully a plugin will support it better pretty soon.

TWINE, yes your correct, but the Ini is a D3D ini, not a Voodoo Ini, but that will be changin very soon, as ive seen alot of people out here wanting a Voodoo Ini, and im workin on one as we speak :)

brightman

Goober
Duncan said:
You said "Mario Kart has the worst pausing issues and it doesn't mention to use 1.5", lol, correct it says "use Jabo's D3D7 1.40"

Actually right now it says "Playable!"

Thanks for the ini though! ;)

OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
The update is for a few games that needed 32 Bit support removed, and a few games that had a problem in the rom browser :)

Clements

Edgetiq said:
can someone link me??

You don't need it, Duncan's ini in this tread is getting old (don't worry, I think he is working on a nice new one :w00t: ).

So, use Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 instead available bundled with Project64 1.5 and Service Pack.

You can alter the ini yourself to say 1.5.1 instead, and to use Rice's Daedalus instead of Unofficial Daedalus etc. Well I did. :happy:

OP
Duncan

Duncan

N64 Addict
Guess this is a good time to make an Official statement :)

Yes, things in my personal/work life have slowed down drasticly compared to many, many months ago (maybe a year, lost track of time, lol). Im now back on the 1964 team and working on a new official Ini file, with many new fixes, additions and more. We have a very good beta test team, and 2 of the best coders still active in the N64 emu scene.

To be continued..... :)

scotty

The Great One
Duncan said:
Guess this is a good time to make an Official statement :)

Yes, things in my personal/work life have slowed down drasticly compared to many, many months ago (maybe a year, lost track of time, lol). Im now back on the 1964 team and working on a new official Ini file, with many new fixes, additions and more. We have a very good beta test team, and 2 of the best coders still active in the N64 emu scene.

To be continued..... :)

I am glad to hear that a new ini file will come out from Duncan. 2 of the best coders are active, but wont be for long, so lets treasure this time.

revl8er

That Damn Good
It's great to see Duncan on the scene again. With him working on the ini I know the next version will be great.