What's new

Dungeon siege savegame needed

yogaman

Banned
I need a dungeon siege savegame after you have completed the first missions (where you need to go through the woods)! The game freezes at a certain spot in the woods. Thx in advance

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
doesn't anybody have dungeon siege and a few save states? .... I've searched on the web but with no luck and useful save !

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
How freeze? If it freezes, than it must be something wrong with your computer.
It never freeze for me, although it did crash at some points before.

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
hi..... please doomulation I need a save state after you get to the Stoughtville (or how it is called) ... it is nearly at the very beginning of the game. I have somekind of a program error at a certain point in the forest..... I haven't figured out whats causing it but i downloaded a save state just before the final boss and everything went well. Please help me out - just a savestate after you get the first missions done....thank you!!!

Doomulation

yogaman said:
hi..... please doomulation I need a save state after you get to the Stoughtville (or how it is called) ... it is nearly at the very beginning of the game. I have somekind of a program error at a certain point in the forest..... I haven't figured out whats causing it but i downloaded a save state just before the final boss and everything went well. Please help me out - just a savestate after you get the first missions done....thank you!!!
It won't do. I've had this. Some areas will still corrupt.
You can go to the official site and see the faq for some instructions on how to see if some files are corrupt. You need to get these right, or other parts will crash.

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
Doomulation said:
yogaman said:
It won't do. I've had this. Some areas will still corrupt.
You can go to the official site and see the faq for some instructions on how to see if some files are corrupt. You need to get these right, or other parts will crash.

please doom....... I'm very desperat ! I've read through the faq without any hint on my problem...... so please,please,please do me that little favour and attache a save state. thank you very mucht

Doomulation

Afaik, the state is too big, I tried.
But the thing is that you'll lose what's yours.

* Your character
* Your items
* Your equipment
* Your party

It's all replaced of that which is in the save.

Trotterwatch

If you can tell us the exact problem, error message etc, then perhaps a solution will be forthcoming.

At the moment I would run the game with the command line -verify, which I believe checks that all the files are correct?

Doomulation

I took time to look this up:

General Fatal Error Issues
For Fatal Error issues that are not covered elsewhere in this Readme, please try the following steps:
1. Create a shortcut to the DungeonSiege.exe file.
2. Right-click the shortcut and choose Properties.
3. In the Target field on the Shortcut tab, add the following at the end of the line: verifydata=true.
The entire Target line would then read: "c:\program files\microsoft games\dungeon siege\dungeonsiege.exe" verifydata=true.

Run the game like that and it will report errors on which files are corrupt. You must replace them and the game will run like never before. Good luck.

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
Doomulation said:

* Your character
* Your items
* Your equipment
* Your party

is there no way you could zip that save state to a proper size and attache it? I don't really mind losing a few items or equipments... the problem occurs so early in the game that this doesn't matter. I tried what you said but it didn't work out. So I'd really appreciate if you could attach a save game (located in the my folder directory)! Thank you

Doomulation

yogaman said:
Doomulation said:

* Your character
* Your items
* Your equipment
* Your party

is there no way you could zip that save state to a proper size and attache it? I don't really mind losing a few items or equipments... the problem occurs so early in the game that this doesn't matter. I tried what you said but it didn't work out. So I'd really appreciate if you could attach a save game (located in the my folder directory)! Thank you
The saves are about 1 mb or something. That's way too big to attach. Even if zipped or rared, afaik.
You need a clean copy of that game...that's the only solution.

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
have you got icq? .... you could just pass me that save ...1mb is no prob. I have cable connection.....