What's new

Goldeneye64 Choppy Sound

ChronoKillz

Hi, everyone;

This is my first post here, so lemme try to explain my problem as best as I can. I hope somebody can help me out.

I've been trying to play Goldeneye 64 on my computer. I noticed a significant graphics improvement (MUCH smoother) after I d/led the latest video driver, along with the latest pj64. However, the sound seems to be choppy all the time.

Here's my specs:

Pentium 4, CPU 1500MHz
1,572,336KB RAM
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model 64 Pro

There also seems to be a TON of sound drivers on my computer, which I don't know what to do with. I'm not sure what else to put about my machine, but if anyone could please help me out or offer any suggestions for this problem, I'd be truly grateful.

~Crono

jollyrancher

No, don't use 1964 if you have a p4, use the new pj64 with the 1.5 audio plugin (don't sync to audio in audio settings) and Jabo's 1.4 video plugin (from pj64 v1.4). If you have a slow computer, use 1964, it's just that Goldeneye runs way too fast on 1964 if you have a p4... it's strange because both emulators say 60 fps, but pj64's speed is how it should be and 1964 is way too fast (unless you like it faster than it is on the real N64).

RJA

The PC Wiz
Smiff, for people that don't want to use Jabo's gfx v 1.5 with Goldeneye 007

*Use* Jabo's gfx v 1.2 video.

It has the best results with Goldeneye 007,
except somes guns looking dull with no shine,
but everything else *will* look better, including the sky.

V 1.2 *does not* have the pausing and
Jabo's gfx v 1.4 has missing sky gfx and some stages messed up
(broken with v 1.4 gfx plugin).

And if the audio is stuttery, even with Jabo's Direct Sound
audio plugin with Goldeneye 007, if processor is
< 1.2 ghz, you should try CF 3, instead of CF 2, but the gfx can become more jerky.

Last edited:
OP
C

ChronoKillz

Smiff, what'd u mean by "you should try CF 3, instead of CF 2, but the gfx can become more jerky"? Is this in the config. for v1.2?