What's new

Anisotropic filtering...?

GOODvsEVIL=?

Hi!

This must be a stupid question but how do you get the "anisotropic filtering" and "sort independent anti-aliasing" thing to work? Does it only work on some cards or is it a driver problem?

THX for the help!!!

Stezo2k

S-2K
lol get a real GFX card, the tnt series is ancient (sorry to say)
Only the newer nvidia gfx cards support Anisotropic filtering sorry

Stez

Edit: dont quote me on this i may be wrong

Last edited:

Sheik

=(o_0)=
Only newer cards support anisotropic filtering and AA... Save some bucks and go buy a geForce 2 ti or something... cheap and effective, at least for emu...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
GF2 only does 2x... to get the slider you need a GF3/4(to 8x)/Radeon(to 16x), though really its diminishing returns - you get more benefit from going from bilinear to 2x aniso than 2x aniso to 8x (IMHO).

Zoomer

Majora's Mask looks smokin' with 4x Antialiasing enabled (through vid card properties) and the 8x antialiasing at 1280x1024 32 bit color. I would have never thought the day would come...
I thought if you upgraded to the new 30. nVidia drivers, you would lose the anistropic filtering- because those drivers were released a few days after 1.5? Am I wrong? (This was the case with 1.4 and the 29.42 drivers)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no you should be fine with the new drivers, and btw suggest you use 1280x960 not x1024, aspect is wrong on that (divide both by 4 you get 320x256, Zelda res is 320x240 not 320x256)

Last edited:
ive just gone from 1280*1024 to 1280*960 and things look weirder like this to be honest, i quite liked the extra width