What's new

tips and tricks?

ILR

While trying to get goldeneye to run more smoothly, I tested out different counter factor values. Setting it to '1' did the trick, but my frame rates got hit hard and slowdowns are everywhere, even on my monster machine :p. I tried lowering resolutions and speeds are not improved. My question is simply this: Are there any tricks veteren PJ'ers have discovered in speeding up a game? Graphics aren't so much an issue here, since I'm looking more for smooth gameplay.

If there really isn't a solution besides getting higher specs, then I'll understand completely. Just wondering if there were any secrets.. that's all.

RPGlover12

As far as i heard of no :) the only way is to get higher specs and u dont want that so u betta buy the system and it will run hell great ;) no trouble at all ;)

jollyrancher

It should run the fastest on 1964 v7.3... strange becuase Perfect Dark runs faster on pj64. And I'd use Jabo's 1.4 video and Azimer's .30 audio plugin (and don't sync to audio).

nudetothis

Depending on the emulator, the vid card and drivers, and the particular game being played (maybe), I found that switching the desktop from 32bit color to 16bit color helped speed up at least one game ... Perfect Dark. However this was with PJ64 v1.4

Now that v1.5 has been released, ironically just the opposite seems to be the case. I'm getting smoother (not faster . I get 60fps either way) performance now in pretty much all games with desktop and PJ64 settings for 32bit. (See the 32bit vs. 16bit thread http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7777 )