What's new

My Satourne is appearing to be "shat on"

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
Howdy,

I'm having some issues with getting Satourne to work

The Problem(s): 1. My video display window is showing signs of crazyness when I load the emulator. It's not actually BLANK but it isn't exactly showing anything relevant (the messed up remains of whatever folders are over it...and even the remnants of the start up logo)

2. The actual emulator. There's no effective way of shutting the bastard off. (i.e CTRL-ALT-DELETE needs to be used....either that or windows XP pops up with program not responding when i click close)

3. Nothing runs I select the CD option, I select a bios file (I have downloaded various regions from various sites), check to see if the country code is correct. hit RUN and........*insert sound of millenium falcon when Han solo tries to use the broken hyperdrive*

(an error that says "Opcode invalide (Sh2 maitre)"

Is anybody experiencing something similiar (and interested in a hug and a good cry) or anyone got any ideas? because I am hanging to chug along at 11 fps with my copy of christmas nights.....and a beer.

My specs: P4 1.7 (Toshiba Satelite 1900 Notebook)
Win XP Pro
Radeon 32M
Whatever current CDRW they put with notebooks
256 MB Ram

Note: am using the adaptec ASPI layer(...which checks out fine)

Last edited:

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Satourne really isn't playable yet - I have it cos It is just great to see saturn games slightly running - It is tricky to config so unless you just want to wath intros I would wait as Fabian has just announced he is working on satourne again and is mainly dealing with speed as compatibility is high!!!

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Guys lets not be harsh - I am pleased with its progress it has much potential! I get 9-10 FPS on all games!!! It isn't playable but compatibility is high and I think this emu is one to look out for - Can't wait for GiriGiri though!
PS - Is SSF discontinued???
Thanks