What's new

Pokemon Stadium 2 trouble...

toaster cone

Hello, children.
??? Every time I try to load a save from Pokemon Stadium 2, I get the 'You've performed an illegal operation' sign. It doesn't do this with any other game, either... I have the latest version of PJ64, if that makes any difference... Help! :(

OP
toaster cone

toaster cone

Hello, children.
more problems

Oh yay, more problems. Now, every time I open up PJ64 (not a game, just the emulator in general) I get these two messages:

"Graphics Error
Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device.
Make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0."

"Error
The default or selected video plugin failed to initialize.
Most functions have been disabled.
Consult plugin documentation or start another plugin."

Any idea what this means? The game was working fine a few minutes ago.....

???

OP
toaster cone

toaster cone

Hello, children.
oh... you're right... but...

Oh yeah... I had the old one...

But I just got the new one, and it's doing the same thing to me! Is it just my computer that's messed up?

Duncan

N64 Addict
Dont think ive seen one of you post your system specs or pj version and plugins, but make sure you have the latest DirectX and video card drivers, and your using a video plugin thats suited for your card (Jabo's D3D for DirectD3D cards, Glide64 for Voodoo based cards).

Those errors are cause PJ/DirectX cant find your video card or you have no plugin selected, etc.

OP
toaster cone

toaster cone

Hello, children.
This is just not making sense... Say I open up PJ64 and a rom, blah, blah, blah, it plays well, then I close it. I go to play again later, and it doesn't work. I go back the next day and it DOES work! Is this normal??

iq_132

Banned
Do you shut down your computer in between? I think PJ will stay resident in memory if it crashes sometimes (I think that's it, I don't exactly remember the right terms for it)... it tends to make it not work until I restart my computer.