What's new

My CRW2100E

L

Lachp30

I have a question. I own a Yamaha CD-WRITER (CRW2100E) which is currently working in my old DELL with Windows 95. I own a new Dell (Pentuim 4, 2.0ghz with Win XP), and im wondering if this make of burner will actually work on my new computer, becasue in the owners manuel, it says it only works on 95-2000. Any ideas?:plain:

Trotterwatch

You shouldn't have to worry about the burner working - I don't think (and I stand ready to be corrected on this) that there is any IDE CD/RW that will not work with XP.

Pauncho

i think microsoft set up a page of most hardware and says whether or not it is compatible with win xp

Eagle

aka Alshain
They also have a program you can run on your 2000 or lower OS and tell you if its compatible. It comes on the XP CD and I think you can download it too.

EDIT: I agree with Trotter, Its rare that a IDE device wont work with XP. The only problem you might have is flashing your CDBurner as many of those older ones require a DOS prompt to do so. Just make sure you have its Firmware updated before you start formatting. XP has a DOS emulator, but no actual DOS, so you cant shut windows down to DOS like 98.

Last edited: