What's new

Paper Mario (ow...)

I have a problem with Project 64, with Paper Mario.
When I enter that 'spinning-roof' house in city, the game goes all black. It keeps playing, but everything gets dark.
To 'counter' it, I put in the wireframe mode, so I can see something (it show something here and there...), and I manage to proceed in the game, but everything else keeps 'invisible' after I enter the house. ???
There are other problems with Paper Mario, but I still could play with them (like, everything keeps flashing in the city, and those 7 stars don't appear in the game [they appear in the intro tho...]

OP

-=My system=-
Operating system: WinME
CPU: AMD Duron 750mhz (or its 850...dont remember)
Video Card: Sis 630/730 w/ 32M
RAM: 224M
DirectX 8.1
I was using the default plugins of PJ64 v1.5

missing something? :D
and I think i'll need to live with the 'yummy' flashing :(
here's a print screen of inside the house, with wireframed mode. its a bit 'ecchi' cause its jpg :p
pm-wireframed.jpg

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
the problem is most likely that sis video card, they don't support advanced combiner modes that Jabo uses in his plugins, the only solution is to use glide64+evoodoo, which use less advanced combiner modes that most (if not all) accelerators support.

OP

Yay ^^

Me was way too lazy to search for other EMU and stuff. Then I began 'playing' with v1.5 config. I've found a 'Turn Advanced Settings Visible Here' button, then I went to:
Options > Config. Graphics Plugin...
Then:
Rom Settings. Then I changed
Direct3D Clear Mode to 'Only per Frame' instead of default.
And then the 'inside house' area was visible :colgate:
But it was after... 5-10 min. messing around with the config. :D