What's new

Slowdown with Athlon 1700 & Azimers audio

Jumjalum

I'm getting a lot of slowdown in some games like Starfox, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark with an Athlon XP 1700. Can I fix it in my settings or is my CPU not enough for these games. I have a GF4Ti200 and 512MB RAM so I'm sure it cant be these, most games do run fine though.

Also which is the best version of Azimers audio for PJ64? The latest download of 1964 has the newest one but I seem to get the best performance from v0.20 so I was wondering how it is for other people. Does the buffer size make any difference?

Josep

eyerun4phun
Jumjalum said:
I'm getting a lot of slowdown in some games like Starfox, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark with an Athlon XP 1700. Can I fix it in my settings or is my CPU not enough for these games. I have a GF4Ti200 and 512MB RAM so I'm sure it cant be these, most games do run fine though.

Also which is the best version of Azimers audio for PJ64? The latest download of 1964 has the newest one but I seem to get the best performance from v0.20 so I was wondering how it is for other people. Does the buffer size make any difference?

Does the buffer size make any difference?

yes, and make sure you have updated drivers for your video card and sound card as well, just to eliminate other possibilities.

For Starfox 64 use the 1.4 video plugin.In sound Azimer's 0.30 old driver gives you the best speed but with your specs you have no excuse not using the Jabo's default sound plugin.

OP
J

Jumjalum

Its mainly for playing Goldeneye, I get lots of judders every time I get into a firefight with Jabo's sound plugin, but then I also get them with Azimers, just slightly less. Thanks for the Starfox tip I'll give it a try

Stezo2k

S-2K
lol didnt u notice on the comments on PJ? It says goldeneye is slow, try runnin it in another emu, say 1964, or even better, UltraHLE :D

Stez