What's new

conkers bad fur day problem

augias

I have a problem, in conkerBFD conkers head is white. BUT if I zoom out it's OK. So far, it has always been OK with the previous jabod3d plugin. My graphic card is TNT2Model64, and no other games give me problems like that.

I updated my detonator drivers yesterday, but I don't think it's that. I tried many things in thedvance tab, but to noavail.

Please help!

OP
A

augias

please don't even mention the gamefaq. So far, my graphic card has been good enough to run conker perfectly. Maybe it was my detonator drivers after all.
But its weird, that the old drivers would be better than the new ones.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The newest sets of drivers are made for newer cards (ie, gf4, perhaps 3?) and don't work so well with old ones...
so you should stick with the old drivers....

OP
A

augias

well, I tried reinstalling the old ones, but the problem didn't go away, so I reinstalled the new ones.

They are backward-compatible, as far as I know, and work on any TNT/GF card.

Now how CAN I get this silly conker's head problem away?
The guy in the other thread said he got it away, but didn't tell how.
There's got to be something...

Anchel

The Xpaniard
LOL!!!!!
I never thought I would be telling how to fix that problem!!!
After all, I found out that I instead of using the "change blending mode if invalid for video card" button, I was using the "force normal blending" one. So 2bzysomething (I'll never remember his nickname) was right. Make sure you're not doing the same as I did...
I reckon I did something really stupid
So, to fix it, turn "CHANGE BLENDING MODE IF INVALID FOR VIDEO CARD" on in the graphic settings window, emulation tab.

Josep

eyerun4phun
DarkKnight38 said:
You know, all you have to do is read the gameFAQ

hehe, people don't wanna search for the answer, most want it spoon fed, at least thats how its been since i've been here;)

OP
A

augias

OK, but there is no such option in the 1.5 plugin. It's there in the d3d7 1.4 plugin, and in fact, if I turn it on there, everything works fine.
Maybe there are everal version of the new plugin? I'm using the one called "jabo's direct3d 6 1.5"
But the "change blending mode if invalid for video card" isn't there (there isn't even the emulation tab in the graphic configuration menu)

bositman

No the only version released is the d3d6 1.5 plugin,the one you have.The "change blending mode if invalid video card" was removed at the 1.5 plugin because(i think) the plugin enables/disables it automatically when needed.Try fiddling with the options in the advanced tab at gfx configuration screen.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Anchel said:
Wait, I'm a bit out of date. Is there a new plugin released?
How comes I didn't know?
Check the emulation64 homepage for news, lol.
It's worth it, belive me.

OP
A

augias

Yeah, a new version of pj64 was released a few days ago. With a new plugin. Many of the settings are hidden, but even if you make them visible, the change blending mode doesn't appear. I suppose its on by default.
Anyway, it doesn't make any difference to conkers head if I put "force normal blending" on.

ShadowFX

Guardian
I'm not sure if you're talking about the same what I was thinking ??? , but has that got something to do with any fog related issues?

OP
A

augias

No, it's about the problem that, when conker is near, is head and tail are white (see screenshots at the link posted above). Up to now I thought that only happened when your Video card wasn't quite up to the level, but, since it worked fine with the previous plugin, and anyway I've got a TNT2.

So now it seems that the solution would be to put the option "change blending mode if invalid for video card" on, but that option seems to have dissapeared, and is not present in the new plugin.

argghhhh! in a few days I'll be just a wreck babbling:
"blending...tnt2...headconker..."

Anchel

The Xpaniard
OK, I've downloaded the new version of PJ64 (how comes I had never heard of it? I was already wondering how some people managed to play Banjo-Tooie with PJ64) and now it's happening again. As augias says, there is no option for changing the blending mode, so the best thing I can think of now is using the older plugin until I get a response, but that really sucks...

DarkKnight38

The original
I'm pretty sure that if you have a tnt2, there's nothing you can do about it. I've tried just about every option there is in it. It's not a big deal, since it's only a white head. And most of the time during normal gameplay, the camera is far enough away anyways.

OP
A

augias

Hell, TNT2 is a great graphic card. It's weird that such a silly error should happen.

Has anyone tried it with the Us version? I think both I and Anchel are using the Eur version.

I tried fooling around with the rdb file, but to no avail...

DarkKnight38

The original
it was a great graphics card 4 years ago :p. Really though, i got the us version, and it does it. Conker has higher requirements than a typicle n64 game.