What's new

Memory crash with PJ64 v.1.5 final?

Athabaska

Dear friends,

this is my first thread here in this board. I'm writing from Barcelona in Spain (city of the Memphis grizzlie Pau GASOL ;) ) and I would like to know what kind of problem can I have with the final release of the PJ64 (v.1.5).

So let me introduce the problem:

I have downloaded succesfully the PJ64 zip file and I have unzipped it on a normal folder. When I start the emulator, it asks me for a language to choose. I choose one and then the emulator crashes with this message:

"ERROR: Failed to allocate memory" :plain2:

Well, friends, why am I having this error? I have played very succesfully with the previous versions of the PJ64 emulator (v.1.4 & v.1.5 beta 1) and I've never had a problem. What is causing the crash? Why can't I start the emulator?

MY SYSTEM:
- Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz
- 384 MB RAM
- GeForce 2 MX 400 32 MB
- Windows XP Home Edition

Well, that's all folks! And thanks to everyone who could help me. :blush:

[Excuse my bad writing and grammar, I'll try to do it better with the next ;) Thanks again!]

Trotterwatch

No one has a definative answer to this yet - but the main solution tends to be to ensure that no compatability modes have been set. So if it's on Win98 compatablity mode, turn it off - and hopefully it should work.

OP
A

Athabaska

Dear friend Trotterwatch,

first of all, thank you for your answer though it doesn't help to avoid the problem. :(

I ever have runned the PJ64 without compatibility mode and I haven't had any bad surprise (this is my first one! :plain: ). But your answer gave an idea to test: run the PJ64 WITH compatibility modes, but it doesn't seem to work... :plain2:

I'll keep on testing!

Thanks to you again... ???

Here,download this file unzip it and run it.Then go to the folder that you have Project files unzipped and run Project64.exe
Not sure if this's going to help though...Try it.

Last edited:
OP
A

Athabaska

Bad luck...

Dear friend 64ultramaniac,

well thank you for your help. I followed the instructions you gave me and succesfully wrote the registry with the new entry. Then I started the emu but the crash message appeared once again. The only difference is that with the new registry entry it seems to be in a try-not-to-pronounce-it-or-you-will-die-if-you-do kind of alphabet... :colgate:

Still testing... :!!!:

Thanks again. ;)

Trotterwatch

The thread isn't closed, just no one seems to have anything to add.

All I can suggest is that you completely uninstall PJ64 and all the plugins (run the reg files that come with it to remove it) and then re-install it.

OP
A

Athabaska

Keep on testing

Dear friends,

thanks to all of you for your replies. By the moment, I have been testing the new plugins and RDB files of the latest version with previous executables (v.1.4 & v.1.5 b1) and the performance's really had a great improvement. :happy:

Well, by reading the "FEEDBACK THREAD FOR PROJECT64 1.5 FINAL" by BOSITMAN, it seems that my problem is not only MY problem but the problem of other users with similar systems, so it clearly seems to be a bug :plain2: and not only a compatibility mode crash...

So, like it seems that the authors are not planning another version of this great emu (by the moment), I will wait at least (I hope so) for a patch. :sleepy:

Enjoy guys and my congratulations to the PJ64 developement team. Great job!!! :thumbsup: