What's new

Why no more updates beyond v1.5

gamecaptor

On pj64.net it states:
"at this time some of us will be taking a break and there are no plans for another release"

Why? v1.5 is amazing! PJ64 is probably the most complete N64 emu available. Why stop when your so close to be PERFECT EMU 64?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Perfect emulation is not possible. Look at the nes emu scene, is every rom playable with no glitches? NO. After all this work, they deserver it, so quit being a greedy fux0r and enjoy whatcha got. :D:D

urherernow

DK64 bug

I'm not getting any sound in DK64 in the new version. I've tried azimer's audio .30 rev2.2 and .40 beta2 . what's wrong?

zeldachip

Well I remember back at a release a while ago, i think it might of been 1.3 where they said they were'nt continuing on pj64, but look now. I think that another ver. might release:thumbsup: .

RadeonUser

It's always the same old story guys... no one know's what going to happen... They say they have no plans to continue. Either way you look at it, this is a kick ass emu, the authors are trying to cope with real life as well (in case you didn't know) Overall, everything just seems great, if they continue, woopie, if they don't, it's all cool... :D

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
*bangs fists on table*

MORE, MORE, MORE!,

NOW, NOW, NOW!.

lol, have a great time off authors, you've earnt it.

In the meantime my first child will be called either Jabo, zilmar or smiff

urherernow

My Bad...

Guess I should have faith and try new releases with the default settings for a change ;) Jabo's sound plugin works with everything.

iq_132

Banned
The authors of PJ64 may come back... if they feel like it. They said "at this time some of us will be taking a break and there are no plans for another release." This could be interpreted as some of them are taking a break... some. The rest might keep working on pj and the few bugs it has. and the no plans might mean that they haven't decided if they are going to work on a new version or that they haven't decided what to add just yet. They might wait for some developments... like from azimer or rice or whoever and use this to add games and compatibility. You never know.. the people in the emu scene are very tricky ;)

Josep

eyerun4phun
gamecaptor said:
On pj64.net it states:
"at this time some of us will be taking a break and there are no plans for another release"

Why? v1.5 is amazing! PJ64 is probably the most complete N64 emu available. Why stop when your so close to be PERFECT EMU 64?

they put something out new and great and then you ask for more, did you know there was a 1.0 version and they've been working on it since then??:sleepy:

ShadowFX

Guardian
gamecaptor said:
On pj64.net it states:

Everyone is hoping that Project64 continues one day. But in the emu scene you always have to be patient and see when another release is planned (look at Nemu64, also an ok emu).

Slougi

Re: Re: Why no more updates beyond v1.5

Josep said:
gamecaptor said:
On pj64.net it states:

they put something out new and great and then you ask for more, did you know there was a 1.0 version and they've been working on it since then??:sleepy:
They worked on it far far far longer than that.... You forget that before 1.0 was released there was an immense amount of work to be done....

LD.

*poke*
By saying there's no plans for another release, it avoids all the annoying "When is PJ64 1.6 coming out!" questions ;)

ShadowFX

Guardian
If you saw what Nemu has went through. The question "When is Nemu64 v0.8 coming out?" has possibly been asked a million of times by now.