What's new

Banjo Tooie 1.5 Final - Very Slow

ancientblade

I just downloaded 1.5 (final) and wanted to play Banjo Tooie. My PC specs are:

Amd XP 1,8+
Asus Geforce 3 Ti 200
512 DDR Ram

Think that are the important components, and don't tell me to buy a new PC again ^^. I think it should be enough for Banjo Tooie but I may be wrong. I already disabled all of this anit-aliasing stuff etc and set the resolution to 640x480 32bit in d3d. I use Jabo's built-in plugins.

Now is there anything I can do about game performance, especially with this game? In 1.4 I was able to choose d3d with t&L, but it's gone in 1.5.

Which drivers should I use? Nvidias Detonator? I am now using the Asus Drivers based on the Detonator drivers.

hope you know how to play this game without buying a p6 8000ghz with gf7 ...

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
i dunno about it beig slow but i do know that one or more of the mini games for multiplayer doesnt work

OP
ancientblade

ancientblade

Ehm, I completely forgot to look at the frame rate. It stays at smooth 50 FPS (european version) ! This is quite strange ???

I wonder why it 'looks' so slow. It just doesnt move smooth.

Same thing happens to me in JFG too.

I think it's normal, isn't it? But I'm quite satisfied that it's not my system which cannot handle it :colgate:

OP
ancientblade

ancientblade

Ok, 'Read Manual', I did! But I still have some questions.

Is T&L support now chosen automatically? (since 1.5)

I tried to disable frame limit in BT and it looked more smooth, but it was much too fast. So it's definitly not caused by a too low frame rate. It's just so frustrating that I can't do anything about it :( Don't you have this problem on your PC?

By the way, does this problem also appear in the US version? If not, I could try this one out.

ILR

I have the same problem with Goldeneye, even though Goldeneye never game me this problem before on earlier versons...

Frame rates are fine, just jumps every few seconds (If they were small jumps I'd live with it...) Strange thing though, if I'm using window and it starts jumping, I can switch to full screen and the jumping will stop for a few minutes before coming back. Maybe that will make sense to someone on the team...

i hope.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Banjo-tooie isn't smooth on the real thing, the emulated versions not going to be any different, plus its project 64 1.5 not banjo tooie 1.5 :p

Duncan

N64 Addict
Why is it that the first time a new game is supported, everyone thinks it should be perfect?, theres 3 N64 emus that just added support for it, but its going to be quite a while before it will play like Banjo Kazooie, until then be glad you are able to play it at all, and as good as it currently is.

RadeonUser

ancientblade said:
Ok, 'Read Manual', I did! But I still have some questions.

Is T&L support now chosen automatically? (since 1.5)

I tried to disable frame limit in BT and it looked more smooth, but it was much too fast. So it's definitly not caused by a too low frame rate. It's just so frustrating that I can't do anything about it :( Don't you have this problem on your PC?

By the way, does this problem also appear in the US version? If not, I could try this one out.

Just to let you know on that T&L question... Here's the short, sweet answer.

D3D T&L causes more problems then the regular D3D, so, that option no longer exists, it's simply D3D now (i actually never really noticed a noticible difference between T&L and non T&L besides the fact that T&L had bad clipping)