What's new

glide64 was running banjo tooie!!

cold1

zelda master!
i seen this at emutalk a few months ago!!!! it was a done by azimer!
and this is no lie!! i seen screen shots of it running in pj641.5!!! here at emutalk!:pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: i am just wondering when the next ver. of glide64 is comeing out..

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
The current version 0.253 already runs Banjo-Tooie. The problem with tooie was not graphical but an encryption. Nearly all plugins do tooie.

LD.

*poke*
Glide64 v0.253 is crapped out in-game. All the textures (apart from Banjo himself) are white.

v0.200 and v0.250 run it better, but there's an annoying depth problem (the same one Earthworm Jim has, where 2D objects seem to be in front of the 3D ones). It's most noticeable on the water, but it's totally still playable.

Oh, and the Jigsaw challenges are messed up (because Glide64 doesn't have framebuffer support in its current releases), but the static pattern you get just about lets you complete them.

I'm at Glitter Gulch so far, and no problems. Just a few random freezes on PJ's end. I assume that's because of the not-quite-complete copy protection work?

Hitman

I also get a few random freezes in Tooie... I do hope its not missing codes to do with the self modding algorythmijigs;)
I think the file which includes the copy protection codes can and probably will get updated if it needs it, so we have to wait...
But, is that file already complete where Tooie is concerned ? Is it something completely different causing this freeze error ? I've not noticed it freeze in any other game so far !

My specs b.t.w. are

P3-700 460mb ram Voodoo 5 5500 64mb.
I can run most games at a full 50 or 60 fps.
Only the high sys required games run slow for me.

b.t.w. My soundcard is a built on sblive 128 value. Will a better soundcard improve sound speed and reduce stuttering ? Maybe a card with a better buffer speed or more memory ??

Thanks for your time...

LD.

*poke*
Dunno, it might do I suppose. A new video card or a processor upgrade would be better though ;)

And after playing Tooie some more I'm pretty much convinced it's missing a few codes. But thats hardly surprising if it's using a lookup table. You can't expect a couple of guys to hack out every possible combination, can you? ;) I've taken to state-saving just before I pick up important items or enter houses, because that's where most of the freezing happens for me.

It's a damned good game, too. More complicated (and slightly harder) than the first one. It's like Rare took the things that worked from Donkey Kong 64 and plastered them onto Banjo-Kazooie :)

Another problem Glide64 has that I didn't notice before is that sometimes the edges of polygons will jut out towards the edge of the screen like they do in Donkey Kong 64. But the shadow is working, which gives it a bonus over Jabo's ;)

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
LD in PJ 1.5 the shadow is working and it is fast - Hitman I also get random freezes!!!! I don't think it is the algorythum however every 10 min just hit F5 and there really is no problem as the freezes aren't as frequent as 1964

PS Hitman nice score in snake!!!

Hitman

Grant - thanks for that... The Tooie thing is just one of those things i can live with. Hey its not frequent enough to worry about and you are right, saving every now and then is the way to play...
And my snake score is pretty cool eh ? Hasn't anyone beaten it yet LOL... By the time i got to 150 the bloody snake was almost filling the play area:happy:
What about the space invaders score too ? I could've carried on for ages, i killed my last eight men cos i was getting bored !!!:)
I'm bloody crap at pacman and tetris though. I can't get anywhere near the top tetris score, but i did read it was possible to cheat on that one ? How, i have no idea... And see no point in it !

Thanks for the Tooie answers. Back to it for me then ;)