PDA

View Full Version : Does Jnes support joysticks? I want to use a PSX-USB controller for it.

Stiltzkin
August 28th, 2002, 16:59
I want to use a PSX-USB controller ("PSX-PC USB Converter" specifically, or the "Kiki Joypad Adaptor" if the "PSX-PC USB Converter" won't work.
http://secure.fragism.com/store/default.php?cPath=22&osCsid=341463d4e80cad831445e57b17de3cb4 The "PSX-PC USB Converter" acts as a joystick, it's not just translated to keystrokes, so Jnes needs to be
able to support joysticks for me to use this with it. Thanks for any help. -David

Snake785
August 28th, 2002, 22:13
Itshould work. mine works fine but its not the same adappter as yours

Nick_kidid0
August 29th, 2002, 07:02
if your gonna want a psx controller, why not play them on imbnes ?

Stiltzkin
August 30th, 2002, 03:43
What is imbnes, and what links it to psx controllers?

Lillymon
August 30th, 2002, 23:11
It Might Be NES is a NES emulator for PlayStation that runs very well aparrently.

Stiltzkin
August 31st, 2002, 06:00
Ah, well, I am using a PSX controller (Just because it has the most buttons and is simple shaped) for multiple emulators, not just NES. The one I'm looking at is recognized by the computer as a joystick, so Jnes needs to be able to use joysticks. If it doesn't the controller won't work, even if other controllers do work. Those controllers probably are recognized as a keyboard instead of a joystick, and we know keyboards are recognized by Jnes. So, does anyone know if the emulator supports joysticks?

LD.
August 31st, 2002, 06:26
Yes.

Yes it does.

Really, it's only a few hundred kilobytes to download. Two minutes tops if you're on a 56k. it would have been a lot faster to just download and test for yourself ;)

Stiltzkin
September 2nd, 2002, 20:54
Well, I'm going to be getting the converter anyway, since I'm not just using it for NES emulation. Thanks!