What's new

How do myou get the cheats working?

Mirco Muck

But does it work?
I remember an thread about savestates...

It also seems like that you only can search for values in N64 Memory and modify them then. No manual cheat edit AFAIK.

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
ok, the cheating in nemu is a little weak:
nemu only supports game shark codes with a leading 80 since you can only enter the last six digits if you enter them by hand (nemu always adds 80 as the first two digits), some cheats are only active for a short time and have to be reactivated often, also there is no adding ui for the neat stuff like value sliders and constant values but it's really easy to figure out how to edit the ini to get that to work

but after all, it's working

JahLive1312

The method for adding cheats is given in the README given out in the emu64 file. You have to edit the .ini file in order to add cheats.

Saiyaman

Smash brother cheats

So if your playing Smash brothers, But say.... You have a problem getting the hidden charecters because the Game always goes blank durring the credits and you never get the chance to fight your opponents to get the new charecters, and you want to use the cheat system so you can get captain falcon ness and jigglypuff, what would you enter to get them?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Check the readme for instructions on how to add it.
Check the cheats in pj to see what the cheat is you need add.

Saiyaman

What is PJ? Im sorry, Iv only used Nemu64, and UltraHLE(And havent done much with Ultra) But Iv found the gameshark codes for it, Is there anyway to translate those in hexidecimal in the game? Iv gotten somewhat familiar on how to add cheats in NEmu, my problem is finding the right ones, lol, so is there any way to translate from GAmeshark, or some other way?

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
Saiyaman said:
so is there any way to translate from GAmeshark, or some other way?

as i already said, nemu's cheat codes ARE gameshark codes, example:

zelda oot v1.0

all skulltulas killed = 8011A6A1 0064

the cheat for nemu would be (the lines in the nemu.ini)

[THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.Cheats]
11A6A1=B,skulltulas killed,s:0:100:10

but that only works with codes with leading 80s (well it sometimes works with others too)

what doomulation meant was that you can look up cheats form the pj64 cheat files

Last edited:

Aileron

harvest moon 64 cheats

Can anybody tell me how to get the game shark cheats for harvest moon. if you could please demonstarte on the inf. stamina cheat 8018906000ff.

Doomulation

Afaik, those codes are merly action replay.
Anyway, to find for harvest moon, do this:

Download pj64 (homepage is in my sig), open the Project64.cht in the directory where you installed it. Search for "harvest moon" when opening it in notepad. Make sure that it is the version you're using (ie (U) or (E), it's usually noted at the game name).

Look for the cheats you want. When you find it, go a little right, after the comment, you'll find the cheat address like 80XXXXXX XXXX. Copy all that and paste into the nemu cheat-file. Remove the "80" in the beginning and make it as a cheat for nemu.

That simple.

Gorxon

Administrator
Hmm...the Nemu64 cheats being Action Replay....depends on how you see it because all action replay codes are just numbers/commands that change memory data. As for the Nemu cheat system being weak, that's far from the truth. It it very easy to find your own cheats, as long as it only involve numbers, like lifes left, score etc. That you can easily search for and usually you find it at the first try. It's harder to search for game enchantment cheats, but it would be hard to search for anyway. I haven't tried the PJ64 cheat system so I can't compare, but saying the Nemu cheat system is weak is imo stupid. I wrote a little guide on how to use the cheat system and how to convert UltraHLE cheats to Nemu cheats back in the days when I ran my page NemuZONE. I have uploaded it again and if you want to check it out to get more info on the cheat function in nemu head your browser over here:

http://www.emulation64.com/Gorxon/howto3.htm

Doomulation

afaik, action replay codes are simple. The are like this:

XXXXXXYY

X = address
Y = value

However, game-genie codes are encoded/encrypted somehow, which i don't know how.