What's new

PC Rom to N64 Cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vchat20

Im new to this whole emulation stuff, so does anybody know if there's a way I can take a Rom i downloaded and put it on a cartridge and play it on my N64?

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

That's the whole reason why I want to put roms on a n64 cart. The emulators dont run on my crappy PC, so I want the n64 roms put on carts to play on my n64 console.

icepir8

I am serious they have cart emulators that plug into you N64 so that you can load roms ifrom a cd or hard disk and run them. They only cost 5+ times what the carts cost. So it is not an economical solution. It is cheaper to by the carts.

Stezo2k

S-2K
lol im suprised this topic didnt get locked cuz this is a type of piracy, which we dont allow. why would u wana play roms on ur n64 if u own the real games? u wouldnt unless u didnt own them. Mabie u dont understand.... if u download a rom u must own it unless u delete it within 24 hours.

i heard a doctor 64 lets u play/copy roms onto ur pc/n64 but im not givin you any links etc

Happy illegal emulation (hope the cops nock on ur door)

Stezo

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Stezo2k said:
Mabie u dont understand.... if u download a rom u must own it unless u delete it within 24 hours.

Actually the whole 24 hours thing is just bullshit. You are not allowed to have ROMs at all. Even if you own the original cart, you are still not allowed to have ROMs.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
ROM's are backups of the original game, this is perfectly legal. It's like when you copy your original Quake3/GTA/everyothergameorprogram disc because the one you bought is shattering into microscopical pieces. It happened to my Q3 disc...
Evrain

yogaman

Banned
Evrain said:
ROM's are backups of the original game, this is perfectly legal. It's like when you copy your original Quake3/GTA/everyothergameorprogram disc because the one you bought is shattering into microscopical pieces. It happened to my Q3 disc...
Evrain

lol - true, how true

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Evrain said:
Evrain

Actually you're incorrect. Video games weren't meant to be copied in any form. If you go to Nintendo’s web site they have a whole 20-page document out laying how copying their carts to ROMs is illegal. It mainly because they have copyrighter every byte in a ROM, thus when you copy the information to your hard drive or cd you are breaking the copyright on the cart.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

God, it was just a question. I have the cart's, it's just I had a good save game built up on my PC. And it crashed, but I got the save game on a floppy. I had to go back to my old PC spec's to get it to work, but the emulator doesnt work. So I wanted to put the save game on my n64 cart.

2fast4u

just tellin ya the legal issues, dude ... the temptation to download a rom of a game u dont own is pretty big, right?

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Vchat20 said:
God, it was just a question. I have the cart's, it's just I had a good save game built up on my PC. And it crashed, but I got the save game on a floppy. I had to go back to my old PC spec's to get it to work, but the emulator doesnt work. So I wanted to put the save game on my n64 cart.

Answer: Yes, it is possible

Method: We won't tell you due to legal issues

Suggestion: go to www.google.com

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

why is everybody so worried? I mean, those games are old enough by now, that the companies that owned them probably dont even worry about them.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Vchat20 said:
why is everybody so worried? I mean, those games are old enough by now, that the companies that owned them probably dont even worry about them.

lol, you really need to read up on copyright :D

It dont matter how old they are :happy:

you cant just assume that they are old, So it it is no longer a Legal issue.

If you own the the real carts then play the Game again.

After all thats why you bought them right ?

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there is an age beyond which the works become er 'public domain'? i think but it's a loooong time like 75 years or something. yeah yeah this is a dipshit post bit i canna be arsed to look it up.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
The Life of a Copyright

The copyright Law is specific about the amount of time copyright protections lasts. Copyrighted works are protected from the moment of their creation. Below are three formulas to help determine the term of copyright protection:

Works created or published on or after January 1, 1978 are protected during the life of the author, plus 70 years after the author’s death.

For works published before January 1, 1978, the life of the copyright is 28 years, with an option to renew for an additional 67 years for a total life span of 95 years. Contact the Copyright office for information about renewed copyrights.

For works made for hire, and for anonymous and pseudonymous works, the duration of copyright is 120 years from creation or 95 years from publication.

Last edited:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
WHO CAN TELL EVERYONE THAT ALL THEIR ROMS ON THEIR PC they own it on N64 Cats too?

Especially to the emulation beta testers and compatiblity testers:D

Status
Not open for further replies.