What's new

Workaround for Menu Problems in WWF No Mercy

DavidGilmour

If you use the Glide64 plugin, with either a real 3dfx card or a glide wrapper, then you can see the menus, and even play the game somewhat, though it crashes when you try to perform some moves. I hope this might lead to something useful for the PJ64 team to use to fix this particular problem.

DavidGilmour

Dabba_Deh

The Sultan
There is also the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin by Rice, which solves the problem of the menus, AND the game is fully playable. I've never tried it w/ Glide plugin though. Never really felt the need.

OP
D

DavidGilmour

Yes, I think it is; I didn't have that problem with any of Jabo's D3D plugins. I was just reporting this so that you know that the menu problems were in the graphics plugin, not within PJ64, and that there is a work-around for it (use a different plugin).

OP
D

DavidGilmour

On a side note, the new Daedalus graphics plugin causes PJ64 to freeze when I try to start any game. Again, its probably a problem with the plugin.

DavidGilmour

Trotterwatch

the new Daedalus graphics plugin causes PJ64 to freeze when I try to start any game. Again, its probably a problem with the plugin.

Turn off the rom browser - quite PJ64
Reload PJ64
Go to File>Open rom - then select your game that way

All being well, the game should now run.

OP
D

DavidGilmour

I use Glide64 with eVoodooXP and the game doesn't crash at all. Daedalus complains of an unknown opcode.

Seems Glide64 + eVoodooXP is the best solution to this problem, right now at least.

Dabba_Deh

The Sultan
For me, Daedalus is the best. Never crashed once.It plays the game to it's full potential. But, Glide64 works too, I hear. So just use one or the other, really, one of them will work for you.

K Kwik

I tried glide64 and always get an error before it starts and when I use Daedalus the screen in the game is all messed up. Help me :(

thine_impalor

Local spammer
Ok, I managed to start No Mercy(thx to Trotterwatch's instructions:))...Just wondering, is this plugin meant to be slower than Jabo's Plugin INGAME?And the menus are only partially visible, its like that for everyone rite?(I get this weird colour spectrum, although ingame runs fine)

UNDERTAKER

With this plugin you can see the TITANTRONS and the menu are complete.
The plugin has the same speed as the jabo plugin so it wil work just fine.
Only turn hacks off.
And then the game will work.

K Kwik

G

As soon as I get it too work a new problem rises, now the sound is all messed up, everything else is fine.

crazytopp

Well it works fine for me BUT not everything from the menus is fixed. Also now the graphick when u pick a wrestler is messed up and when u try to find out how long will the fight last and to pick if there is a submision win or TKO or pin u cant see the wich is it (yes or no). Could this be fixed in the next plug in release.

Dabba_Deh

The Sultan
No MErcy is practically flawless for me with the new plugin, except for a few minor bugs with the titantrons [They're black & White, look different]. Of course, I have A GF2, which is what the plugin was designed for, so, that could be why it's perfect for me & not everybody else.

K Kwik

Frezzing

The characters frezze when I try to pin or do a high-flying move, I'm using glide64, help please!