What's new

help a noob that can start he emu

Raziel3030

each time i try to run a game 1964 stop responding and i need to close it with the ctrl+alt+delete :(
i have tryed with many plug-in but can find the prob.
my computer spec are:

AMD athlon 1100 mhz
nVidia tnt2 model 64 (64 is the model not the RAM video,it a 32 mb)
soud blaster audioPCI
384 mb ram

Duncan

N64 Addict
You really should have 64 MB of video ram, and your OS makes a difference depending on what version your using :)

OP
Raziel3030

Raziel3030

You really should have 64 MB of video ram
ya i know my video card suck but i have to make with it
my OS is window me <- a bad thing two :(

Don't use Jabo's DirectSound plugin with 1964 earlier than 0.8.3
I use the version 0.8.3

Last edited:

zorbid

Solution: don't use 1964 0.8.3 with Win9x(95/98/Me). 0.8.3 only works ok with Win2k/XP. Try v0.7.3.

MADrigal

G&W programmer
I'm a happy user of 0.8.3c on Win98 SE. ...it rarely crashes.

Btw, I dont understand why ppl keep on using Jabos DSound plugin. IMHO the one made by Azimer (0.30 old driver) is much much better than Jabo's

zorbid

You don't want to hear what comes from my speakers when I use Azi's 0.30(any version, the problem seems to come from the Audigy drivers). 0.40 is good in many games, but in some (that share the same audio ucode?) the sound is twice too fast. And if you sync the game to audio (what I usually do), the sound becomes ok, but the game is then twice too slow... The problem occurs in RR64, Tony hawk (1 or 2, maybe both, don't remember), for example. So I have to use the rsp.dll and Jabo's Dsound for these games.

Do you do something special in order to make 1964 0.83 work in Win98?

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Well no, it works plainly and swiftly. But I also installed fresh drivers for both GF2mx and DirectX 8.1

OP
Raziel3030

Raziel3030

hmm ok I'll try to installe the last DirectX (not sure what version i use)
and i hear on another board that ogre battle 64 is playable on 1964 is it true?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Raziel3030 said:
hmm ok I'll try to installe the last DirectX (not sure what version i use)
and i hear on another board that ogre battle 64 is playable on 1964 is it true?

To check your directX version

Start > Run > dxdiag

I would also suggest using the 28.32 det's for your video card since you are in WindowsMe. I have a game group I am with and most of the guys have complained about issues with the 29.42's on thier Win9X boxes. Not sure if there is any validity to that since I am on XP.

I don't know about Ogre Battle, haven't played it.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
sry my bad

I was talking about which version of Nvidia video card drivers you are using. They call them Detonators (or det's for short).

From some friends who are still using Windows 98 and ME, they claim more stability and better performance when using the 28.32 version compared to the latest released version 29.42.

OP
Raziel3030

Raziel3030

ok i see, i'll try and tell if it working better
hmm i juste take a look the find the older version but can find it on official site, do you know a trusted site where i can donwload it?

Last edited: