What's new

Gamepad trouble

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I'm having gamepad troubles.
Windows says the gamepad isn't properly connected.
It is connected properly and right. I've tried to remove and plug it in again, with no effort.

In the gamepad in the control panel, it says that it's "OK", although when i click test it says that's it's not properly plugged in. I've tried to reinstall it, with no luck. The only diffrence is that when i reinstall it, it says it's not connected. When i later close and reopen, it says "OK" again.

This gamepad works on my other computer, and i haven't dropped it or something, so i don't think it could be that.

Any ideas?

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Oh /me forgot to say.
It's a microsoft sidewinder gamepad. And it's connected to the game port, which is currently located in my motherboard.

Trotterwatch

Ok, well I had this problem with the same type of Sidewinder you have, connected to the Gameport also.

I solved it by completely removing every reference to the Sidewinder, both from Add/Remove, the controllors dialog, and from the registry. I then removed it, booted up the machine and plugged it in (XP detected it as a Sidewinder, and it worked perfectly). Though if you need to manually install it, then choose: Sidewinder (Autodetect) in the ADD dialog of controllers, rather than using any installation CD.

If you have another controller, specifically a USB one, then try removing the drivers etc for that as well, as that can cause conflicts.

I was going to suggest re-installing/upgrading your sound drivers, but you have mentioned the gameport is built into your motherboard.

Last edited: