What's new

Neon Genesis Evangelion 64 ??

Zelgadiszero

Does this game work on pj64 1.5 ? Which plugins do i have to use to make the game work? The sound is perfect but i have just a black screen :-(

Thank you in advance

go and download this plugin: Daedalus D3D8 Release 2
it can make the 2D images show up. No more black screen. This plugin can also make ogre battle 64 and yoshi's story playable in pj64 too. I'm using it, and it's pretty good.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
That's right. Rice has made EVA64 playable. (Cheers to him!)

Smiff, please close this thread.

madfredtk

Proud Frenchman
Yoshi's story is fully playable. There are still a few graphic glitches but they do not affect the game.

Underscore

Avoider of payment
I just downloaded the plugin, and the graphics show in Evangelion, but I keep getting error messages. Does anybody else get this? What settings should I be using in the plugin and the new RSP? Or is it an incompatibility with my Kyro 2?

neoak

Triforce of Something...
The Best Settings are....

Here are the Settings. Please note that the window bar says "Daedalus 0.07B" althought is Rice's "Unofficial Daedalus D3D8". Check it if you don't think that this is Rice's plugin.

Also, this was checked over and over. There is no better configuration than this, i can assure you. (if there is, please let me know).

:pj64:

neoak

Triforce of Something...
The only error i got is....

Underscore said:
I just downloaded the plugin, and the graphics show in Evangelion, but I keep getting error messages. Does anybody else get this? What settings should I be using in the plugin and the new RSP? Or is it an incompatibility with my Kyro 2?

This is the only error you could get. If this one isn't your error message, then maybe is your Kyro 2.

Underscore

Avoider of payment
I tried those settings, but I'm still getting those errors. It must be the Kyro 2. The thing is that it actually runs fine, but it pauses whenever the error message comes up (once every frame, in some parts). Is there any way to suppress the error messages?

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
the first error message

i seem to have got the same error messages, near the end of the game, the Ram error

what is that about, and is there a way around it?
thanks,
i know i dont make much sense.. but yea..

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
Pent 3 1.2ghz toshiba te2000
260mb ram
Trident Cyberblade xp Ai1 ( i never heard of it either...)
win xp
anythin else needed to know? :plain:

neoak

Triforce of Something...
The specs doesn't matter much. Trident is known for making standard graphics cards and that one shouldn't be the exception. Besides, the plugin work with Direct3D.

Now i remember that GTA 3 have a particular problem that can be relationated with this one.

"Windows XP + nVIDIA based cards (*possibly* other brands):
We have found a possible problem with Windows XP that manifests itself
as graphical problems both in the game menu and also during game play.
We have traced this problem to be a Windows XP problem.
Technically this problem is solved by the use of a newer version of
d3d8.dll than is shipped on CD with Windows XP. (The version on the
Windows XP CD that has problems is 5.1.26000.0 – versions tested
without error include 5.1.2600.15 and 5.1.2600.29)
Currently the only way we know to update this dll file is to install
the Windows XP Patch: “The Computer Cannot Enter Standby or Hibernate
If a Direct3D-Based Screen Saver Is Running (Q306676)” downloadable
from the following Web Site:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...Q306676/WXP/EN-US/Q306676_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe.
This update may in the future be available as part of an official
Windows XP Service Pack, a Windows XP Compatibility Update, or possibly
a DirectX 8.1 update.

Power VR *Kyro 2* video cards
We have been unable to fully support this card due to the nature of
rendering on this card, and as a consequence some texture effects do
not display correctly, though these are minor. We recommend this video
card is used with a 32 bit screen mode, as in 16 bit we discovered a
rare depth buffer issue, which is solved in 32 bit. We would also
recommend making the following settings changes:
=> Go to the advanced display properties dialogue
Select the Direct 3D page, and create a new profile for gta3.exe (pj64.exe),
Then inside this profile:-
DISABLE W buffer
ENABLE external depth / stencil buffer format
ENABLE Direct 3d / stencil buffer format
ENABLE depth / stencil buffer format
ENABLE depth / stencil buffer loading
"

Check if this solve for you Mingo3k. As for you, Underscore, know you heard the most possible reason for your problem. Both check the Patch and post the results.

Last edited:

Oravla

Re: the first error message

Mingo3k said:
i seem to have got the same error messages, near the end of the game, the Ram error

what is that about, and is there a way around it?
thanks,
i know i dont make much sense.. but yea..

I don´t know, but i think that error is for the emulator, because i have the same error when i play the last escene in the Jabo Plugin.

Sorry about my english.

Underscore

Avoider of payment
I tried the settings (external depth buffer, etc.), but the graphics didn't change and the error messages kept appearing. The errors don't actually seem to affect the game at all, except that it pauses whenever an error window comes up. Is there any way to stop the error window coming up, even if the error is still there?

ffinfinite

Yoshi's Story - Flashing Graphics

When I play Yoshi's Story with the Deadalus Release 2, it does the opposite of what it does without it. Instead of only seeing Yoshi, I can see everything but Yoshi! Am I the only one with this problem? My computer has a good graphics card and all that. The specs are good too (Pentium 4 Processor). Its very new. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Rice

Emulator Developer
I can see everything but Yoshi

hehe, Yoshi is 3D graphics, and all other things are 2D. I bet you should check if you have latest DirectX 8.1 and latest video card driver installed. As I remeber, Yoshi does not use complicate 3D texture blending. Btw, can you see Yoshi by using Jabo's D3D plugin?

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
In my opinion Yoshi's Story is not fully playable, it does have errors with scaling 2d graphics, when you sniff. Look the pic: yoshi is pushing someting invisible, floating in air!

Last edited: