What's new

Better than Adaptiod??

OP
Zoomer

Zoomer

Yeah, they work good? Looks like Lik-Sang is back-ordered right now. Guess I'll hafta wait.

OP
Zoomer

Zoomer

I have another question, hophily you'll be back, they say the N64 support is just a bonus feature. Is anything missed? How do you use the digital/anolog - is there a switch to click on or do they both work simultaneously? Just want to make sure saying as I won't be using the PS pad support.

Allnatural

I'm not sure what you mean by:
"How do you use the digital/analog - is there a switch to click on or do they both work simultaneously?"
The stick and all of the buttons on the controller work just as they would on a console. Whether you use the D-pad or the stick for movement will depend on how you configure the input plugin. The only switch present selects either the PSX port or the N64 port, as both controllers can't be used simultaneously.

The stick and all of the buttons work fine. Like I said, the only thing missing is mempak and rumble support.

Martin

Administrator
The Adaptoid is perfect. If you want to pay some extra for a perfect adapter, go grab the adaptoid.

I'm not saying other N64 adapters aren't good, but the Adaptoid is perfect in every aspect, like design, support and drivers. :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah the 'toid is one of those few things in life that does exactly what it says on the can ;)

The mempak handling is maybe slightly fishy (i remember having some trouble with it) but that's probably just my non-genuine mempak and/or old drivers (?). I haven't used a real mempak now for ages anyway hehe.

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Zoomer,

You say you won't be using the PS pad support. So surely that part of the "bargain" is of no use to you anyway ?

I bought an adaptoid because incredibly Microsoft DOES NOT support my sidewinder joypad in XP. And seeing that N64 games are all I've played in the last few months, I thought "why not ?"

It's been perfect so far.

Personally I'd pay the extra and have the "dogs bollocks" of N64 adaptors.

P.S. As a general rule also. I tend to find that pieces of equiptment that try to do more than one thing at once e.g. T.V's with built in videos. Stereos with built in equalizers and tape decks etc. (as opposed to seperates), tend not to be as good as their "uni-purpose" counterparts. Re: PS and N64 in one adaptor :)

Last edited:
OP
Zoomer

Zoomer

Either way, you can't find one or the other in stock anywhere. I'll just buy the one that arrives in stock first, then its settled! Thanks for the help!
Has anyone heard how that X-box controller plugin is coming? Or any GameCube/Xbox adapters in the works? That'll be the next purchase.

ickle_moi

Monkey Ball Addict..
i guess these other interfaces dont work on the adaptoid plugin
which makes if feel like a real n64 to me (not like other plugins)

crhylove

Banned
wingman....

actually i bought an adaptoid, and it was great and all, but....

i have a usb wingman rumblepad, and it is a vastly superior stick to any n64 one that i have ever used. i'm not some nintendo purist though.

they are more expensive, but then you don't need an adaptoid at all!

and when i say superior i do mean VASTLY superior.

rhy