What's new

Compatibility List Manager

sk8bloke22

roll for life
this app basically allow u to view 3 compat. lists (one for icepir8's tr64 plugin, one for rice's unofficial daedalus d3d, and one for the official daedalus d3d by strmn nrmn). over 170 roms were tested extensively (although there may be mistakes). also some small info on the plugins is included.

ok this is real simple, my first ever Visual Basic application, i thought it would be nice and easy to make a sorta compat. list viewer thing for my lists just to see how l33t i am at VB (joke...i am definitely not l33t at VB) .

tell me wat u think, and be nice :) , as i said this is the first proper app ive eva created apart from small learning exercises from tutorials. so if anything this has just helped me get a little more familiar with VB language.

EDIT, minor update, changed the name to Compatibility List Viewer as, well cos it doesnt really manage much ;) . also i included the richtx32.ocx file cos i got one person (Doom) saying he was missing this file. if u get a msg saying u r missing this file, then simply place it in ur system32 directory, if theres no prob in the first place, u can just delete the file when u unzip it.

Last edited:
OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
a small update mentioned above, i saw a few ppl downloaded it, any comments at all, i know it doesnt do much. hopefully ill learn how to add a few more stuff to it.

IceLord

pretty good sk8bloke22,

1 suggesion,
when you select "Unofficial Daedalus D3d 0.08"- Compatability List, and Plugin Infomation, the display text but is a bit bigger compared to the other ones.

Great Work :)

skull1

im9i7
you might want to add a search for a specific game function and complete the rom database. that wuold be going all the way.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
skull1 said:
you might want to add a search for a specific game function and complete the rom database. that wuold be going all the way.

im gonna try that next actually. although ill probably forget everything i learn cos im going away for 2 weeks tommorow. anyway thanks for the feedback...

Leb99

Error

Hi,

I'd like to see this app in action but unfortunately keep getting this error message.

Any ideas?

TIA

Sorry,

Windows XP Pro with all updates including .NET Framework
GeForce2 Ti
Athlon XP
Asus A7V-133C
512 MB SDRAM
etc...

Last edited:

milen

Suggestion:
You can make one list with all plugins in it so we can see how specific game works with all of them without finding it in all lists.
So we can easily find which is the best plugin for the game.
You can also add more plugins, I remember there where full list of roms and emulators before an year or so(in html format, very useful).

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Re: Error

Leb99 said:
Hi,

I'd like to see this app in action but unfortunately keep getting this error message.

Any ideas?

TIA

Sorry,

Windows XP Pro with all updates including .NET Framework
GeForce2 Ti
Athlon XP
Asus A7V-133C
512 MB SDRAM
etc...

hav u tried putting that file i attached with the compat. list utility in ur system32 folder ? otherwise im not too sure...ill look into it tho.

ive added a VERY basic search feature which needs a lot more work. give me a bit of time and should hopefully learn how to improve it.

milen: i might write an all-inclusive list as u suggested, but it will take a while, and i wanna first get the search feature done and do some more testing and updating as theres been a few new releases of the plugins.

milen

Writing such a list is very easy. You don't have to write all again simply use database like SQL and the only difference will be the query.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hmm, ill hav a look. thanks a lot. im still way too tired from my holiday which i got back from yesterday to do any work on it at the moment. ill definitely hav a look tho.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
does mysql work in vb, or am i missing something. i managed to get a basic database following a tutorial, but when i load the form in visualbasic6 i get some error. maybe i need another program ?

mesman00

What's that...?
hey sk8bloke, i gotta question for ya, how do u change the default icon in VB to one of your own, i have always wanted to do this, yet never even bothered to learn it. now that ive seen that u have done, how?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
mesman00 said:
hey sk8bloke, i gotta question for ya, how do u change the default icon in VB to one of your own, i have always wanted to do this, yet never even bothered to learn it. now that ive seen that u have done, how?
To change the actual icon of which the exe will have, select it from "options" in the make exe dialog. You must choose the icon from one of your forms.

As for you, lebb:
That message is a windows error, not an app one.
You'd get that if you have lots of apps open or too little memory so windows fails to load it. Try to restart your computer, shut down some programs to see if it works.

milen

I don't know VB very much but I'm sure it must have some kind of database, at least 'access' . I personaly use CBuilder which comes with Interbase. And PHP + MySQL the best and fast solution but only on web page maybe you can host somewhere on free server online list. Maybe if I have more time I can write such a program that makes it all but haven't time to write compitability list.