What's new

Psx Emu and Games ?

Enzyme

Hi all.
I wonder and I have a couple of questions to ask.

Ok first I have seen big psx games for download on two programs, mirc and direct connect. but I havent downloaded any because I'd like to know if I can even play them before I download and big 600+mb file?
Second which is a good emulator to get to play psx games, and will I have to get any special plugins to play certain games?
And third when I download the game will I have to burn them to a cd or can I just play them when they are on my hd? becuase I don't have a burner to burn them to cds.

Allnatural

I don't like this thread; it makes my eye twitch uncontrollably, but I will say this:

I would never, ever download 600+ MB worth of stuff that I couldn't back-up to CD-R.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Enzyme said:
Hi all.
I wonder and I have a couple of questions to ask.

Ok first I have seen big psx games for download on two programs, mirc and direct connect. but I havent downloaded any because I'd like to know if I can even play them before I download and big 600+mb file?
Second which is a good emulator to get to play psx games, and will I have to get any special plugins to play certain games?
And third when I download the game will I have to burn them to a cd or can I just play them when they are on my hd? becuase I don't have a burner to burn them to cds.

yeh there are plenty of quality psx emus out there. if u use Epsxe u can play the iso file from ur harddisk without needing to back up. other emus, like CVGS (which now works with winxp and win2k :) ) requires the cdrom, and function like a normal psx. however u can get something called 'dameon?' (or sumthing like that) which create a dummy cdrom drive on ur hardisk, and load iso images onto it, fooling the emu that the cdrom image is on a cdrom, as opposed to being a file on ur harddisk. cvgs is a commercial emu (although the company no longer support that product) and does not use d3d intended to create the true psx look and image quality. Epsxe is just a quality emu, that uses a plugin system, and is very compatible. go to www.ngemu.com or www.psxfanatics.com for more help.