What's new

the state of emulation, and questions.

crhylove

Banned
Just wanted to throw out that after some extensive hacking (not actual code hacking, just reg editing and file doctoring) i've gotten .8.3 to work fine on my win 98 se machine.

i did alot of tweaking, honestly there'd be know way to accurately duplicate my work, or even guess how i did it. nor do i know exactly WHICH version it was that i tweaked into working (either .8.3a-c, or the orig .8.3 release). (oh, and yes, the rom browser is working, but i don't know how)

in doing so, i've been testing the new plugins (which i'm excited about, with major caveats).

first off, the edited daedelus gfx plugin .8 that rice did won't do anything at all for me, which is a real crying shame, cuz the .7 one he did does LOTS Of neat stuff, including NEAR PERFECT dr. mario, except in game it does the same thing as the jabo plugin. i imagine if someone worked on this rom (i know i know, stupid rom, there's versions that work gr8 under zsnes, etc.) with any of the recent plugins, some major gfx roadblocks would be overcome. just a rabid guess though, on my part. i'm not a 733+ coder.

secondly the .6 tr64 plugin seems to do some neat stuff, but testing it has been nigh impossible for me as i have no idea what ucodes to use, and switching randomly between them and reloading every rom etc. is a royal pain, especially when i want to get through my library of over 300 roms.... like any good beta tester/ini writer should.

so in doing these things i have some questions for the author(s) if they don't mind taking out 5 seconds to answer, if they do mind just ignore this whole post ;) :

rice/schibo, what's the plan for 1964? this is THE defacto emu for me atm (version .7.3, .8.0 pre2, .8.3(read above)), and i am just curious if a good .8.4 is in the works or if there is enough overhauling being done to merit a much later .9.3 or something similar (sp?). I'm one of those freaks who checks my email, checks /. , then checks to see if there is a new patch/release almost daily.

rice/strmnnrmn, the daedelus plug is kickin' serious butt lately, what's the next plan? is there anything you need beta testers to check for for you? what games are you working on atm/next?

what are the plans of both the daedelus plug and 1964 in regards to win 98? are you going to go xp only?

is strmnnrmn contemplating a port of 1964 or some of it's parts over to linux/xbox?

do i need to quit drinking so much caffine?

rhy