What's new

impossible?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
trippplet1 said:
you can not emulate ps1 or ps2 games

True: You cant Emulated PS2 Games.... Yet
False: You Can Emulate PS1 (PSX) games...

trippplet1 said:
you can only play the cd's you already have. if so, why?

True, you can play them IF the emulator supports it... If So? I dont know... May look better? Dont Quite understand the last part...

No you can't only just play the cds you already have, but it is easier unless you have broadband internet access and are willing to fill your HDD up with giant ISO's (avg 700 mb for a full cd) and even then you would need a program (such as daemon-tools) to mount the images to a virtual CD-Rom drive, also yes PS2 games are supposedly able to be emulated now as there is AFAIK a PS2 emu called epsxe2 or something like that, but I am unsure if it is released yet...
and no I don't have any affiliation with daemon-tools (for the record I had the name first :p )

Quvack

playing the original cd's you have under an emulator is still emulating... i dont see where ya coming from 2 well....

not coding related anyway, thread moved...

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
thedaemon666 said:
No you can't only just play the cds you already have, but it is easier unless you have broadband internet access and are willing to fill your HDD up with giant ISO's (avg 700 mb for a full cd) and even then you would need a program (such as daemon-tools) to mount the images to a virtual CD-Rom drive, also yes PS2 games are supposedly able to be emulated now as there is AFAIK a PS2 emu called epsxe2 or something like that, but I am unsure if it is released yet...
and no I don't have any affiliation with daemon-tools (for the record I had the name first :p )

You could just burn them to disc :)

mesman00

What's that...?
yep, none of the ps2 emu's emulate commercial games, they are all in the primitive stages.

yes well all this crap went down about the n64 remember? and then there was one that broke the barrier and showed us it could be done but yeah whatever

cold1

zelda master!
well than if epsxe can run psx games.and i know that aps2 can run the psx games also,so that means the ps2 should beale to run psx games right!!!

DarkKnight38

The original
i don't quite understand what you're saying. A ps2 can run psx games, it's backwards compatible, it can also run CDRs if it's modded.

iq_132

Banned
I doubt that any PS2 emulator anytime soon will run ps1 games. They would undoubtedly worry about getting the PS2 games perfect before they even thought about putting in the code to run PS1 games, and why add that when there are already emulators that are able to run those games almost flawlessly?

Last edited: