What's new

how would u take footage from a dvd, so it can be played on media player

sk8bloke22

roll for life
how would u take footage from a dvd, so it can be played on media player? er...im dumb, and i need to know.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you mean windows media player? that isn't a licenced DVD decoder so you'd need to remove the copy protection, and you'd need a DVD player filter installed for WMP to use. you would of course end up with a file as large as the DVD, unless you then compressed to another format. see the always excellent http://doom9.org/

Acorn

Erm, ya, less complex: Rip it to a vob, then compress it to a divx.

Just search for dvd ripping, there are hundreds of tutorials. I've only did three - turned out ok, but getting the settings perfect takes time.

AcidTHC

www.doom9.org IS definately the best, u can also check www.vcdhelp.comi've been ripping 4 about 2 1/2 years and depending on your system , it'll take about 9 to 40 minutes to rip the dvd, about 5 to 10 minutes to set up the software (depending on exp.), and roughly 3 to 20 hours to convert the MPEG2 (DVD) to AVI/DivX format. Now, if you'd like to do it in real-time, u COULD always go with Cinema Craft Encoder SP v 2.50, the Lite version is 250 dollars, the SP version is about 1800 to 2000 dollars, that's just for the encoder, that's not counting the other software, that is if you're wanting to do a really decent converion.
All in all, expect your first time to be like A LONG TIME PROCESS, but, there's worse thing to be doing, just go to doom9 and read the tutorials FIRST!!!

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hehe, acidTHC u were 100% successful in putting me off - "roughly 3 - 20 hours to convert mpeg2 (dvd) to avi/dvix format" - no thank u ;)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
My only answer is: windows media player sucks :D. Bad video quality, and REALY bad mp3 quality.

I play everything in powerdvd 4. It can correctly play even the most screwed up mpeg files.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Funny this has stayed.... last time I checked emulation64 neither condoned or encouraged talk of illegal crap like that...