What's new

plugin issues?

E

emuguy

in pj64 some of my games have plugin issues. how do ifix this? super smash bros=(broken) plugin perfect dark=(issues) plugin bass fishin 64=(issues) plugin

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
some of them cannot be fixed, no better plugin is avaliable (PD). On the other hand, Games like SSB can be fixed by using plugins other than the default one. in the case of SSB, it has a few gfx errors which can be fixed by switching to pj64 1.3's gfx plugin.

...i dont have bass fishin', u figure that one yourself

OP
E

emuguy

do i have to downloaad pj64 1.3 then? do u think tehe will ever be a plugin or an updated pj64 that will run goldeneye and pd at full speed

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
they run at full speed for me (except for single player GE). These games are very demanding, you will need a strong system.

the plugin:

OP
E

emuguy

already have jabos direct 3d so what else cud it be?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
no, this is the older version of it. extract it to ur plugin folder and in your plugin settings choose: Jabo's Direct3D6 1.3.

OP
E

emuguy

it just came up as an error saying warning erfect dark is not supported. then the expansion pack detection scrren came on when i clicked ok and after that it just crashed my computer

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
perfect dark isn't supported on jabo's 1.3 plugin. you should use that plugin for playing goldeneye.

OP
E

emuguy

ohrite. but its perfect dark that i really want with full speed

Allnatural

The v1.3 plugin is only for games that require it, like SSB. You'll still need to use the v1.4 plugin for more recently emulated games (i.e. Perfect Dark).

For games that have "issues" with the plugin, there's little you can do to fix the issues. In many cases it's a hardware limitation (framebuffer effects), and in some you'll just need to wait for newer plugins to be written that may fix the issues.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
go use 1964. i play perfect dark there since on pj64, it's at 20-40 fps while on 1964, i get 50-60 fps most of the time.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
yes, generally always use version 1.4 plugins. Only use alternate (in this case the Jabo 1.3) plugins for certain games that requires otherwise.

OP
E

emuguy

i cant get any games at all to load on 1964. when i first downloaded it it worked very slow on mario but now it wont play any games

OP
E

emuguy

and i get an error saying exeption found in boot

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
copy all your jabo plugins (except sound) from pj64 and paste it into 1964's plugin directory. Use the jabo plugins in 1964. Again, DO NOT use jabo's sound in 1964, it wont work.